Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Shocked [WoW]Officer passed over for warglaive, ninjas 200k gold and gquits

Guild Master Aquasheepa, in the Alliance guild Casual from Hyjal server (ranked 55th best guild in the world by WoWJutsu), with 58th US KJ kill, apparently was passed over by loot council when a glaive dropped, for a new app to complete his set.

Angered, the GM ninja looted >200,000g from the guild bank...wow.

Here's what Aquasheepa had to say:

Quote:
Awesome I guess it's already public (thanks anonymous level 1 alt!)

As some of you may know, I once belonged to Casual. What most of you don't know, is I was one of the founding members. In fact, as of yesterday I was the only original member left that was still actively raiding. Yes, grats me.

As of yesterday, anyways. But apparently, no one really cares about FOUR years of dedication to the same guild. One would imagine that that kind of dedication and sacrifice would mean that some of us deserve one of the rare legendaries; legendaries that in fact, Casual NEVER gets. Again, as some may know, we have recruited from out of guild all but a small handful of legendaries currently held by guild members (two legendaries in four years, to be specific). But the one **#!ing time a legendary drops for us, four years of seniority apparently isn't enough, because the APP that has BARELY been here for two months is apparently deemed more deserving of a warglaive. I guess having some bull@*@@ figurehead title of guild master doesn't mean @*@@, imagine that.

So as of now, all of Casual can go **#! themselves. Have fun farming Sunwell; I'll see you all in hell.

P.S. good luck getting your guild bank back http://aquasheepa.googlepages.com/bankhaha.jpg

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...43323534&sid=1

Last edited by Memnoch; 09-26-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: [WoW]Officer passed over for warglaive, ninjas 200k gold and gquits

Hehe, welcome to WoW and raid drama. I have rarely seen anything IRL that can rival the potential Guild-drama that unfolds about loot in this game. Some people see it as the end of the world when their Guild fucks up, or kicks them or...passes their loot to someone else. I mean it sucks but my god, it's a great life, and if you are getting that upset about an MMO it obviously passed the point of being fun for you. Go out and smell the air once in awhile.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Is wrong that I actually agree with the guy given what we know?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Personally, I kind of have more of a "guild first" position on this stuff - I passed over the T5 shoulders from Void Reaver when we did our first kill of him, mainly because I already had the Swiftstrike Shoulders which are T5.5 from Black Temple trash. I also passed up a roll on the Edgewalker Longboots because I already had Sunrage Treads and Boots of Utter Darkness (SSC trash drop) even though the Edgewalkers were better, because the other rogue in the raid had much worse boots. I ended up getting the Edgewalkers on the next Kara run when they dropped again anyway.

From the above it looks like the loot council rules and decisionmaking criteria were unclear, which is what caused the problem.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
Is wrong that I actually agree with the guy given what we know?
Well technically he was the guildmaster, so in theory he should be able to do what he wants. :p

Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

He's the GM and they are using loot council and he still doesn't get the glaive?

What a bad guild. I sorta agree with him.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

In our guild, the the member would of got it over a trial.

Altho its a tough call, the applicant can complete the set.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 09-26-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It seems it was deliberate drama. From Wowinsider-

Brazen ninjas are the most fun to read about. Aquasheepa's not hiding anything -- when the Warglaive dropped and he, a four-year founding member of the guild, got passed over for someone who had apparently been there for two months (but was it a random roll? If so, them's the breaks, I think), he decided that was it. He says he ninja'ed the 'glaive, and high-tailed it with the bank. It's interesting that it's the people who have been with the guild the longest that seem most likely to betray it. Doesn't that seem to be the case most of the time?
.. At least that's what they want you to think. Turns out Aquasheepa and Casual are claiming they just trolled the server, and that Aqua passed on the 'glaive, so it was a hoax all along. They're promising an update with all the angry tells and messages on the guild's homepage -- we're waiting to see the hate in all its glory.

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/09/30...s-do-go-right/