Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well my old mouse is on its last legs and I am looking for a mouse that is not only comfortable but is also a good gaming mouse.

What im looking for is any suggestions from the gamers out there in IW land.

I mostly play MMORPG's like Guildwars, RPGS like NWN and other games like KOTOR and Jedi knight.

Any suggestions would be great.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:29 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, I have always like Razr's mice, but then again my hands aren't huge. Razr feels alittle odd at first but they have really good performance and the latest Copperhead has such a great setup program and runs soooo smooth. You have 5 preset settings that you can customize for desktopping, different kind of games with different commands and scripts for your buttons.
You can also have different DPI and Mhz settings for different games. Like FPS games you really want hig DPI and Mhz to give you a super fast and responsive mouse.
In Guild Wars, NWN etc you will scream your loungs out in frustration when the mousepointer moves like an oiled lightning fast weasel over the screen, so have a slower mhz and lower DPI to solve that..

OK, Copperhead is my No 1 recomendation.

For number 2, Logitech Mx 1000 I think its name is, the wireless first 100 DPI lasermouse from Logitech. A bit twitchy on some mousepads, but really comfortable mouse for long periods of gaming, heavier and for those with a larger hand.

I can't say that I like the new G5 or Mx518 etc, that style of mouse always makes me drag my pinky finger? (? the smallest little finger ? teeny tot? oki, I give up I don't know what you call lillfingret in english!) in the mousepad and having played with aluminum mats and glassmats, that is one irritating feeling!

Sum summarum, chek out a few, go down to a place that have them on display and see how well they fit your hand cause thats the most important of it all. You are going to sit with that mouse for hundreds of hours, better make it a comfy and good one!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I have an IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (read from the bottom )

It's optical, and with a nice mouse mat I've never had a problem Plus with the little buttons for "forward" and "back" on Firefox/IE/Opera/whatever you use. Damn useful but so simple!

Same cannot be said of my keyboard, piece of junk *grumbles* Built for gaming my ass.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:09 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Once you used a Logitech optical mouse, you can't go back.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:46 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

@ johnny

Oh yes you caaaan *melodical voice off*

Hark host hack ergh...

The G models with their optical poblems sure cna make you wish for an old ball mouse sometimes

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:57 AM   #6
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Once you used a Logitech optical mouse, you can't go back.
I have one of the cheapest and simplest models(Logitech) with just one scrollbar and two buttons and it works like a charm. Never have problems with the optical stuff(just dont put it on any reflective surface, even the littlest reflection can make your mouse do weird stuff.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:40 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

=MS-LOG5&input[category_id]=70]Corded version (what I have)

=MS-LOG7&input[category_id]=72]Cordless version

That top mouse is the best mouse I have ever used in my life, and it's still classified as the best mouse (non trackball) on the market, with only the Razor mice coming in behind.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

FYI, the links say that the image of the product was removed.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:06 AM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well one of the guys at my work has the Mx 1000 and I really like the look and feel of it so its looking good as a choice.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
FYI, the links say that the image of the product was removed.
Gah, the way the site is set up is pretty dodgy, try the entering this into the address bar:
"http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index.php?redir=http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_product_info.php?input[product_code]=MS-LOG5&input[category_id]=70" (Without the quotes )
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote