Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 09:27 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hi! I've got to chapter 5 and I'm a bit stuck! Couldn't kill the Balor thing in Sverfneblin Settlement so went walkabout and caught by Mind Flayers. No probs there, but am unable to access a large part of the map, as cannot open doors. Have necklaces, but how do I get through the darn doors? Help appreciated. Also about the Balar devil - I want to go back and GET it!
F.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:31 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Balor should not be too difficult if you know where it is going to spawn and summon a group of high level critters ready to block him in. Fire and Earth elementals work nice, or you can cast protection from evil to your party members then summon a pit fiend (then let Balor out) and let them go at it.

FOr the mindflayers, you will need to wait a while before the Ogre let you out to fight for the entainment of the mindflayers. After all that drama, you will get to try to escape, several doors are tough to open and they will need you to charm mindflayers (the charming device is from the machine in the room filled with slaves).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:10 PM   #3
Sentinel04
The Magister

One of my favorite characters is Edwin. That being as it is, I used protection from evil, and summoned a cacofiend. Mr. Cacofiend is a mean guy, and is quite powerful. So basically Cacofiend was buffed and turned Balar into mince meat.

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 03:05 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Spoiler
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
I simply became the slayer and whalloped it in no time. Only time in the game I needed to use that ability, but to fight Balor it's the quickest and easiest option. No worries.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-13-2001, 07:21 AM   #5
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
am unable to access a large part of the map, as cannot open doors. Have necklaces, but how do I get through the darn doors? Help appreciated. Also about the Balar devil - I want to go back and GET it!
F.
If I'm remembering correctly, you need to defeat the Balar devil in the Sverfneblin Settlement in order to gain access to the door. The Sverfneblin will give you a clue how to open the door, but only after you defeat the demon.

Good luck!

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:22 AM   #6
dafan

the best way is have some guys with +3 weapons to attack him and have some animals as canon fooder

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-13-2001, 08:52 AM   #7
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Do you mean the door guarded by the Drows near the koa-tua village?

mini-spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1)Help, the deep Gnomes (Sverfneblin). to kill the balor have all +3 weaponds ready, cast haste, remove fear (or cloak of bravery), Cast of drink free action. Summon the Balor and attack. If you have wizards make them cast lower resistance on it then pelt it with magic missiles.

Second spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
after that to open the doors garded by the Drow you can either help the silver Dragon or kill it.