Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Which do you all prefer, picking up npcs like in bg or do you like being able to create your own team.(yes i know you can make your own team in multiplayer mode in bg)

Uhnuthar Kwesjin, how do you make all the little smily faces with rocket launchers?
Old 12-05-2001, 08:16 PM   #2
Sir Michael
Manshoon

From a role-playing standpoint, I prefer to have just one character (easier to identify with), and to interact with all of the NPCs around me. I think it's also more of a challenge having to work around everyone's weaknesses as well as figure out how to take advantage of their strengths.

From a pure power standpoint, I like to create a whole party of my own characters. I can specify exact party composition so everyone compliments one another and they fit in better with my playing style. Level for level, my IWD party can kick my BG party's ass.

Which do I prefer, probably the second, although the first is good too. They're just...different!
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 08:57 PM   #3
Teeran
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Creating your own party reminds me of the older games i played when i was like 9 or less, the REALLY old TSR/Forgotten Realms rpgs. really hard stuff. I liked making my own people though, but it depends on how the game flows of course. but the old old games proved you can have a whole party and have the game go on stabily and with fun