Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
Titi
Welcomed New User

Hello, me and one of my friend deceided to play icewind dale a week ago. We deceided to play an evil party players. we did everything much neutral since we where enough powerfull to begin our task as real evil caracters. But the problem we encounter is: we kill everybody in the village even Arundel. But when after when we came back from the dragon eye, we can't no more continue the quest! in the game Arundel should tell us the next step! but he is already dead?!!? Does ther'S a way to continue or the Quest end here for Evil caracter! I hope not! We were make a lot of fun burning the cow with fireball! and to kill Arundel is so easy? why if it's broke the story this guy is not much more powerfull? there's the easy way: web in front of his door, cast summon I, kill people around his door, he will came out, cast fireball-flame blast... on him, fighter should occupied the bears and rogue using a bow shot Arundel. That was to easy, only minor hurt! But becaus of this we can not more continue the game! anybody have a solution?

Thanks please leave a message at ti_pousn@hotmail.com when you answer! I belevie the game wasn't ready for us! like Baldur's gate 1 (but we where able to complete it, even at reputation 0!). Does Baldur's gate II and/or Planescape and/or Pool of Radiance is better of free action for this kind of party? This is soo much more funny to be the bad guys!
Titi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:22 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hi Titi !! This time your post is much better

About your questions, i dont think you can continue the game unless you cheat Arundel back . IWD is VERY linear indeed, and certainly its not a proper game for bad boys.

I havent played planescape or pool of radiance, but bg2 is more free than IWD for bad guys, you have specific quests and its harder to mess the plot.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
Debaser

Unfortunately, IWD is a pretty linear game (very linear, in fact) and there is not much room for free alignment choices...you essentially can't continue in the game now that you've killed Arundel. You're best off being careful even when you play evil guys, because it can get you in situations like this.

looks like Ertai beat me by a few seconds on posting this...so there you go.....
Old 12-02-2001, 08:42 PM   #4
dragons rage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

here is an idea start over and don't kill the people in town it might just help