Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
DraconisRex

I installed the 1.21 patch this morning. I was also working up a new combo class for testing.

I have now killed the Gaoler three times with this character. 0 times has the subsequent creature spawning event happened. Without this event this plot-line quest CANNOT be completed.

I'm posting this a the NWN website as well.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:20 PM   #2
DraconisRex

This is a CONFIRMED BUG. You can do EVERYTHING right, BUT the game will not give you the right "completion ID" and you will totally up a creek w/o a paddle and will be UNABLE to advance to CHAPTER 2.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Old 07-24-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
Blade
Emerald Dragon

yeap i had this problem too with v. 1.01 they said not to save for the first 5 min of the game, although i can't rember if thats in the prologe or chapter 1. All you can do now is restart the chapter unless you want to add the monster back in with the counsole commands, but that would tag your charecter as cheater in multiplayer.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:49 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, I had that problem, too. I just restarted the game and, the second time around, whaddya know, there it was. Piestrider and Galadria are both playing on this cpu, and they had no difficulty. I didn't mind, more easy XP and you're ahead of the game.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:42 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks for posting that DraconisRex, I think I'll skip that patch!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:02 PM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Except its not the patches fault Lady Z, thats been a problem since before 1.21 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 05:19 PM   #7
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Except its not the patches fault Lady Z, thats been a problem since before 1.21 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
If it's been there before 1.21, it never effected me. And I've fought that battle over 20-25 times. And it's not like I did anything different, either.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
Lord Shield

some of the bugs are rare and pop up oncec in a blue moon.

examples I've had:

1) could not cross from City Core into Docks (only had this in one game but nothing I could do would sove it, not even re-installing the game)
2) story at top of Luskan Tower wouldn't progress (reloading from before the level and re-entering seems to work)
3) the trial interrupts ITSELF (reloading and re-doing it seems to fix it)
4) a house in Luskan where if i move across the middle of the hall the game freezes (only had this once but happened each time on that game so I gave up and used the other entrance)