Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #11
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
was it feline urinary tract syndrome charly had? my old cat t.c. had that. he had the full surgery as well. they had tried a shunt wit no success. he was 17 when we had to put him to sleep. he developed pancreatic cancer. i now have an spca cat too, dexter. he's not blind, but he is defective. he's not fond of being played with too much by justice, but he hate it if she ignores him! who knew a cat could love a four year old!
Yeah, when Charly was 5 or so, he had a buildup of crystals in his bladder, and they had to remove his BEEP. so he didn't have his BEEP *or* his BEEP! He could hold his bladder though. SOMETIMES he would 'leek' [img]smile.gif[/img] when he streched or I picked him up to fast, but other than that, he did fine!!

Charly died of Kidney failure. He was with me since I was in 1st grade. and god... when the Doc said that he wouldn't last a week, I was devastated. I screamed, wailed like a baby . He was my freaking CHILD!!! I know it sounds silly to many people, but not me [img]smile.gif[/img] I still tear up thinking of the last night I spent with him. I took him home, and we laid on the the bed, I laid him on his favorite blue blanket, and put my arm around him, and told him not to be scared, and stuff, and told him it's ok to go. I hugged him, and he took his last breaths. (god, crying now...) A part of me died with him.

I am very blessed to have Choc. He is as amazing as Charly was.
[/QUOTE]Ziroc,
You weren't the only one crying when reading this. And it doesn't sound silly to me about how you felt. My Whiskers died while I was away at college. She was living with my friend at the time, and she made sure her last days were full of love. I bawled my eyes out when I found out and also felt so guilty that I couldn't be there with her when she left after 15 years. (Great, now you have me crying!) I know exactly how you feel and can emphasize totally. Both Choc and Charlie are blessed to have had you (still have you) in their lives!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:42 PM   #12
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Cool stuff Ziroc [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wasnt aware tails could break..

Hey I got a question I have been wondering for a while..What exacley is it that makes cat purr? I mean I know they pure when there happy but what is it that makes that sound? Kind of a stupid question I know.

[ 02-26-2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 02-26-2003, 01:55 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I know what you mean, Dan. When my Alistair died, I was heartbroken. I really connected with that cat! He was one of the smartest kitties I've ever know, bar none and I miss him even now that I have two dear little pains...err..orange cats to keep me busy. Charly sounds like he was a special feline. [img]smile.gif[/img] I KNOW Choccie is. He's absolutely beautiful and I love the stories you tell about him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 PM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Cool stuff Ziroc [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wasnt aware tails could break..

Hey I got a question I have been wondering for a while..What exacley is it that makes cat pure? I mean I know they pure when there happy but what is it that makes that sound? Kind of a stupid question I know.
Yep, and the Vet said that all we could do is kinda watch him with his tail. [img]smile.gif[/img] It healed, and he could use it again after a few Months as I recall. It did have a weird bump at the base of the tail --could only feel it, not see it.

What makes them purr? It has something to do with their vocal cords (Cat's actually have some, but not like ours) and it does have something to do with the pleasure part of their brains. Real weird. I am busy right now, but I'll post a full explaination later [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Yeah, when Charly was 5 or so, he had a buildup of crystals in his bladder, and they had to remove his BEEP. so he didn't have his BEEP *or* his BEEP! He could hold his bladder though. SOMETIMES he would 'leek' [img]smile.gif[/img] when he streched or I picked him up to fast, but other than that, he did fine!!

Charly died of Kidney failure. He was with me since I was in 1st grade. and god... when the Doc said that he wouldn't last a week, I was devastated. I screamed, wailed like a baby . He was my freaking CHILD!!! I know it sounds silly to many people, but not me [img]smile.gif[/img] I still tear up thinking of the last night I spent with him. I took him home, and we laid on the the bed, I laid him on his favorite blue blanket, and put my arm around him, and told him not to be scared, and stuff, and told him it's ok to go. I hugged him, and he took his last breaths. (god, crying now...) A part of me died with him.

That's not silly at all. I don't know what I'd do without my little cat - she is like my baby. People might say, well you've never had kids so you don't know how much more you can love them! But then, they don't know how much I love my Tuppence either

One of our old cats had to have his BEEP removed as well . He lived for many many years after that though, died when he was 17. I was devastated. He came into my room and cried - he'd never done that before. I remember sitting out on the driveway saying goodbye to him and crying my eyes out

On tails, they're just an extension of the backbone AFAIK, so of course they can break.

I think Tuppence must have something wrong with her connections then if purring is primarily if they're feeling pleasure. She NEVER purrs! Occasionally she purrs to wake me up in the morning (otherwise she bites - I prefer the purring ) but when she's getting a cuddle and all snuggly against you, curled up on my lap, nothing.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:05 PM   #16
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
was it feline urinary tract syndrome charly had? my old cat t.c. had that. he had the full surgery as well. they had tried a shunt wit no success. he was 17 when we had to put him to sleep. he developed pancreatic cancer. i now have an spca cat too, dexter. he's not blind, but he is defective. he's not fond of being played with too much by justice, but he hate it if she ignores him! who knew a cat could love a four year old!

[/QUOTE]the night before we heard the results of his biopsy t.c. said goodbye. he stopped at my daughters bedroom door and meowed at her, then he laid on my bed and waited for me. the next day very early int he mornign we got the call. my parents left up to me if i wanted him euthanized that day or the next, i chose that day because i would never be ready for it, so he might as well have not suffered. i wrapped him in my baby blanket (i have a pic of him laying on it in the sun, he loved anything that smelled like me) and i napped with him on the couch, i held him soooo tight.... i held him when they put the needle ina nd i carried him all the way home. we buried him under my maple tree, beside our dog. i wrote a poem about it, i won;t type it here but if you know how to get to the ouap it's there int he poems section, gotta find it. it still makes me cry too. he was my baby kitty. i always told him he wasn't allowed to leave me. he was my best friend and sweetest kitty. when the church i grew up in told me he wouldn't go to heaven i tried to teach him religion so that he would be there for me. silly, huh? i had him from the time i was two. he barely knew justice before he left, but i know he is still with me, i dream about him.

i am so happy ziroc, i feel like i've made a connection with you, few ppl can inderstand the devotion i had to him and the pain i still go through 4 years later. his death anniversary is on april 9th. it will be a hard day for me.

i thought that no one had a clear explanation of purring...i'd like to hear it! dexter purrs a lot, real loud, he likes to do it before attacking. sometimes while attacking. i chose him at the spca because justi was two at the time and when she picked him up and squeezed him he stayed purring, so i thought he was purrfect! i guess i was right, we all love him.

[ 02-26-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]