Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Rokenn, I hope that's not so. Further, I would think that my first postulate is one no one here (with a brain) would challenge, to wit:

Muslims worldwide should not be confused with extremist fundamentalists worldwide.

Now, if no one will stand up to challenge that statement, then my second postulate, that just because the guy was Muslim does not allow you to presume certain motives behind his actions, follows naturally and necessarily.

Now, let me point out a scary thought - my challenge is not to Muslim, a specific religion, but the "extremist fundamentalism," and entire *genre* of religions. But, that genre is viewed as evil in this day and age. I would say for good reason. But, if it is wrong for me to be prejudice against a particular religion, is it not also wrong for me to dislike entire *genres* of religion?????

As I said, I ascribe to the theory that fundamentalism = bad, but is that equally prejudice?

[edit: the "first postulate" I mention is actually located on another, quite similar (so it seems), concurrently-running thread]

[ 01-03-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 01-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
Scholarcs, Mohammed Asghar's name was never smeared, Mustafa Khan Owasi is the name being given. And Timber, how do we know why Asgar tried to get into the UK? For all we know, he could have been trying to enter to activate a terror cell.
name, picture, identification - whatever you want to call it.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 01-03-2003, 03:40 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
What I am interested in is whether they are going to clear Mohammed Asghar's name.

The FBI will clear his name once the case is closed, what will NOT happen is the PRESS will not give it near the public display as they did the original story and will burry it on page 176 just below the underwear ads.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:14 PM   #14
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

TL, of course it is prejudice to label an entire genre of religions...but everyone (except Jesus, and they killed Him) is prejudiced...EVERYONE is!