Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2002, 05:33 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Alright, yesterday was my flatmate's birthday so we threw a party to celebrate. Cut a long story short; lots of people round and everybody is magnificently wasted. Unfortunately, my stereo is smashed, as is the flat tv. A few of my cd's are missing, the hall smells like stomach acid and the whole place is covered in ketchup.
Simply the natural consequences of throwing a party? Yes.
I should just take a few deep breathes and let it go? Probably. But I still want to find the bastard that murdered my beautiful stereo and cut out his goddammed eyes!

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has any 'morning after' stories to share. Comic, tragic, just plain disgusting, i'm interested in hearing anything.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:48 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Sad dude, very sad.
I've had many parties where stuff has been trashed/stolen/puked on and the sunday morning cleanup has never been nice [img]tongue.gif[/img]
As you say, it is prolly just consequences of throwing a party but there's no need for people to trash your gear, that's just fuct!
I'd track 'em down and open a can of whoopass on 'em but that's jus me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 06:01 AM   #3
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That is DARN nasty what kind`a friends do you have anyway that can behave like this? hhm i also had a party for some years ago and they stole half of my records and doing it in my bedroom and they crushed two windows and they had trowing up in my bedroom to so that was not any fun so no more partyes if i dont knove the people that is coming is cool people i knowe!! And they also had spelled Gin and beer all over my new carpent that i had buyed because of the party!! (

[ 07-14-2002, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-14-2002, 06:04 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Weird friends you got dude. I've thrown lots of parties myself but nothing was ever stolen or trashed, it's all about respect i guess. And they obviously don't respect you. If you find out who did this, you should go to his house and torch the place ! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2002, 06:11 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heh, well I'm pretty sure it wasn't my particular friends. See, of the three of us living in the flat we each have our own circle of friends. I'm betting it was Sam's no-good, dreadlocked, smelly, dole-bludging social parasite friends that did it. Although I hear tell that the tv thing was an accident. Apparently the guy that was lying comatose in our bath-tub accidentally knocked the tv off've the table as he collapsed in a drunken heap. Ah well. I've vented my anger and my vision has gone back to it's non-red state. Party on.

Oh, and my missing cd's turned up, although they were covered with slime (god knows what) and are scratched pretty bad, but ah well, you get that I 'spose. All told, from what I can remember of it, it was a pretty fun night.

And now I merely have to turn my attention toward my poor stereo, see if I can get her humming again.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:03 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Someone is probably been doing a little snorting of your cd's i guess.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:47 AM   #7
Dramnek_Ulk

There was one time, at someone else’s house...
Where I woke up with a bucket on my head,
I was tied to a chair with shoe laces (not very well though), and there were about 6 or 7 people around the room in various states of collapse.
And there was an ice pick embedded in the sofa.
And there were a lot of roll-ups outside in the yard.
And one of the doors had a hole punched in it,,
So to my shame I ran off as soon as I got out of the chair,
But I was sick 7 times on the way home.

[ 07-14-2002, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 07-14-2002, 08:16 AM   #8
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

It beats being sick in the bucket dont it?hmmn Heiroplant: i say u do not just leave the stereo thing cuz it was a party i say u go and cut who ever your suspiscious ofs nads off, that'll teach em not to mess with your stuff!!
Felix
Old 07-14-2002, 08:43 AM   #9
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Weird friends you got dude. I've thrown lots of parties myself but nothing was ever stolen or trashed, it's all about respect i guess. And they obviously don't respect you. If you find out who did this, you should go to his house and torch the place ! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Whoa, i messed you up with Azred for awhile because of the [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Anyway, it isn`t nessecarily because of that, some people are just born as such idiots.
Hierophant, that`s very sad . Ask help from the godfather
Old 07-14-2002, 08:50 AM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
It beats being sick in the bucket dont it?hmmn Heiroplant: i say u do not just leave the stereo thing cuz it was a party i say u go and cut who ever your suspiscious ofs nads off, that'll teach em not to mess with your stuff!!
Felix
Cutting someones nads off has drawbacks - if nothing else their likley to be very pissed once they recover conciousness. Especialy if you suspect the wrong person.

Id recommend a more ,well, civilised approach. Try a reasoned discussion and try and persuade them to pay for repairs. Remember to catch them sober and non-stoned. Then, when they refuse resort to inventive, non-permanent damage. Remember, you want revenge, not a sentence for GBH.