Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2001, 06:16 PM   #1
Keida de'Bane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

....I usually get Keldorn so he can use that sword everyone talks about, him being such a goody goody Paladin...is it worth it?
...I mean enough to structure your game and party around him?
I have never gotten past chap. 4 yet (chronic restarter)....and have always taken him, but this time through.....I don't want to!!!!...but I don't want to miss out on this weapon of the Apocalypse,,,and I don't want to play as a Pally(too nice....too wishy washy..ha ha just kidding all you Pally fans....be nice..no..put the sword down...i was only kidd....urk!!!!!! beheaded with a Vorpal sword +5 against Lichs...undead and....Spammers!!!!!!)
Anyway......
Me=Fighter dueled to Mage at level 9 Staffs and Longbow
Minsc>for Korgan(mean little sucker isn't he?.Yet kinda cute and snuggly...
Jaheria>Keep....Plague rules!!!!
Jan>Keep...if I get hungry I can always eat him...mmmmmm mmmmmmm roasted gnome....with fava beans...and a nice Chianti.
Anomen>for that saucy Dark Elf....Oh yeah Vickey baby....take it all off......hubba hubbbaa

.......So!!! it is worth it?...because I know Keldorn won't get along with either Vic(my one true love..shes going to have my babies....and she might even let some of them live.....) or Korgan........
Ideas????....thanx in advance.
Keida de'Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:45 PM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

personally, if i wanna use that sword THAT bad, ill play a paladin as my main character. but all in all, its not THAT great of a weapon. i would rather have a barbarian weilding crom feyer, then get that sword, thats just me though.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:49 PM   #3
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I've always found Keldorn was very good at killing demons with that sword. I'm playing as a monk at the mo but I'm planin on completing the game as a Cavalier after I've done it with a monk.That sword and a cavalier will cut through the enemy so fast. Keldorns dispell magic is so usefull.Woulda lost alot of battle without it.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:59 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Possible low grade eensy beansy SPOILER. I agree that you don't have to use him, and you sure can't use him with Vickey. Not in SOA, anyway. You can in TOB because the NPC's can't leave, except for, ironically, Vickey. I'll leave you to find that one.I always go as a cavalier, and I'm not giving Keldorn Carsomyr, that's MY sword. Give Crom Fayer to Vickey, she's heck on wheels with it, Flail of Ages before that.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:10 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

some people solo with jester's IE nothing is essential
Old 12-10-2001, 07:27 PM   #6
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I have Keldorn, Carsomyr, and the Silver Sword in my party at present.

I never use Carsomyr, the Silver Sword is just so much better.

Is there something wrong with me? I just like the ability to kill demons instantly on occasion. Keldorn with the Vorpal Sword, Boots of Speed, and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, entire parties of enemies fall down at your feet and worship you rather than face your wrath. No, not really, but they die very quickly instead.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:39 PM   #7
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Obviously you are sick of Keldorn... I would be to if I used him everytime. So try someone else, its just that simple. Loosing the ability to use carsomyr won't ruin the game, and if you have ToB, it is just another sword among several nice weapons (altho it is one of the best still).

Try Mazzy... Because as we all know, it is not about mass but rather Velocity!

Go for the knees Mazzy! Ruuuaaaaask!
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:05 AM   #8
Whailor

Being a benevolent person, I usually always let Keldorn to go back to home, to his family. Even if I don't have any other paladin in the group. I then just sell the Carsomyr. Heck, that's coin too.. So no, it is not essential to have that sword as such, and Keldorn. You will do just OK without both of them as well.

As for the Vicky and the hammer.. Well, any John or Jane Doe will be a "heck on the wheels" with the Crom Faeyr. I could give it to this Neeber or Noober (or whoever was in BG2 of those 2 fools) and he'd be just the same. I probably go with the Vicky this time just to do the romance with her, since I have done it with others. Otherwise, she's nothing that special. Speaking of chars, this time around, when I imported the char from BG1, Minsc had few more proficiencies then earlier. I have imported some lvl 8-9 chars before but didn't notice Minsc having all these proficiencies even back then. He has like 2 stars in Two Handed Weapon Style, Maces, Two Weapon Style, Two Handed Style, Longbow and 1 in Axes. Back then he had stars only in two handed weapon style and two handed sword and two weapon style, longbow too. Who knows, maybe some of these patches I applied did the trick.. In any case, this is the first time I let Minsc in my games dual wield, mainly because I am a paladin this time with big weapons. Minsc dual wields axes, Stonefire +3 and Frost Reaver +3 and I actually quite like it - he's rather efficient at that. I suppose it's pretty scary sight too, to see a man in full plate and his rodent come screaming at you, man swinging 2 mean axes and insanity gleaming in his eyes.. I suppose I will try him more as a dual wielder in future games.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:51 AM   #9
Vampire

Not really as you can finish the game soloing as a mage. [img]smile.gif[/img]
But they are damn good. I would have these two!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keldorn's True Sight spell can twart thief attacks, mage illusions just like that!

Cromysar can be upgraded in BG2 ToB!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:40 AM   #10
gabriel986
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keldorn with Carsomyr = a great panzer. Give him Cloak of Mirroring and you have a strong wizard slayer. True Sight and Dispel are very useful.

Mazzy is a great choice by the way.

Viconia? Is she worth it? Check the related topic.