Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2004, 02:10 AM   #1
Elminster_theRed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

If u want to play a good fighter, the best suit here is making them strong as 4 power gamer. fighter should take high lvl fighter should mostly choose greater whirlwind, critical strike, and smite, some hardiness. Cuz rest of the high level abilities 4 fighter bascially suck, so this is the most common skills for fighter. (u can leave ur common here what do u think about built a good fighter, as i will look ur suggestion.) BTW, on 1/19/2004,about 3:00, there is a game names "journey of shadowdale" will be on internet that create by me, if u guys want to join in to play, u certainly welcome. since i am so bore playing single player all the time.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

I don't know if you're giving us advice, or answering a question. If you want to be a powergamer, then those HLA's (greater whirlwind attack, critical strike, hardiness and smite) are indeed very decent and must-have HLA's. But don't forget about Deathblow, a HLA that can come in handy as well.

The best armour (i.e. suit) in the game is the Big Metal Unit undoubtedly. As for other armours (the Big Metal Unit is impossible to get legitimately if you haven't played BG1 for instance): choose your pick. You want Fire Resistance? get the Red Dragon Scales. You want Cold Resistance? Get the White Dragon Scales. What you want, it's there, just look for it.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Frankly, I am torn between whether,

1) This is a very poorly disguised self-advertisement under the pretence of poor English.

2) English is really not his first language but he is still self-advertising nevertheless.

3) English is really not his first language and he genuinely attempting to compare notes on how to build the "best" Warrior type character.

4) He is suffering from the effects of a hangover or sleep deprivation.

*shrug*
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Me too.. but I just wanted to give an answer to the possible question "What is the best armour in the game?"
Old 01-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

He is doing a little self-advertisment Dundee. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:18 PM   #6
Elminster_theRed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol, truly, english is not my first language. But Link, i disagree with u of choosing greater deathblow, cuz it can kills creatures with lvl 12 or below instantly, and most of these monsters arent that tough. you either pick the named ability several times are best 4 fighter. And there arent really a strongest armor beside Big Mental Unit, all the heavy armors are great 4 fighter. Btw, if u guys want to join my game "Journey to Shadowdale", your certainly welcome, i need to play with some good skillful players in BG2, and plz use ur legit characters. (Like no cheat, extreme power, all stats are at maximam, or others) Thank you.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Then you do not truly understand the cheese potential of Greater Deathblow and have yet to graduate from the School of Powergamers.

If you have Near Infinity or some similar Game Editor, take a hard look at some of the levels of the traditional hard monsters.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 01:43 AM   #8
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Then you do not truly understand the cheese potential of Greater Deathblow and have yet to graduate from the School of Powergamers.

If you have Near Infinity or some similar Game Editor, take a hard look at some of the levels of the traditional hard monsters.
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheese_guide.zip

hint...think brainsuckers...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #9
Ny'irilit
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Frankly, I am torn between whether,

1) This is a very poorly disguised self-advertisement under the pretence of poor English.

2) English is really not his first language but he is still self-advertising nevertheless.

3) English is really not his first language and he genuinely attempting to compare notes on how to build the "best" Warrior type character.

4) He is suffering from the effects of a hangover or sleep deprivation.

*shrug*
harsh harsh harsh harsh, :/
Old 01-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Harsh, but strict