Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2003, 05:33 PM   #1
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

I pulled out my super character with 17 or higher in every stat, and, imported him into SoA. Notice I said HIM.

Early in his career, he made a mistake. After I killed an ogre in BG1, I grabbed both belts. (To sell the cursed one) Anyways, some times, when clicked on an item to drag it, it slips from the cursor and picks up another item. (Like in the slot above, below, or next to it.)

Long story short. The girdle of gender-bending fun and games got accidently stuck on the belt slot. Not wanting to reload, I had my self a good laugh, and, went to get it fixed. His manhood was restored in short order. I chalked it up as a good role play experience.

When I import him, he is female! So I went back to BG and reloaded the final save. He is a man. Re-imported into SoA, imported again, and, presto, I am presented with a female avatar. Yay! I even tried importing a character file rather then a saved game, and, you guessed it, female! His default voice is female, and, when taken into an actual game, and, taken into character options, then portraits, I can only choose from female portraits.

Has this happened to anybody else? Just a really wierd bug or a glitch? Known issue that I have never heard of? I swear, he only spent a short time living as a woman, it got fixed. Or at least I thought it did.

Great. I now have a super powerful transvestite Bhaalspawn to figure out what to do with.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:38 PM   #2
Jatelka
Dungeon Master

MY gender-bending never happened in BG1. Right girdle, on male protagonist, stayed male (!). Still said "Item cursed" when I put it on though. Might try exporting him (bored of men right now)

----------------

I'm a fine looking strumpet aint I?
Jatelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:44 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

You could always use ShadowKeeper....
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:50 PM   #4
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

No. I can't. As mentioned so many times already, not everybody uses Windows.

They do not make Shadowkeeper for the Mac.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:12 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Can you enable Debug Mode on Mac?
If yes, then hit ctrl+3 (or was it another number) enough times to show eg. MALE_HUMAN_FIGHTER or whatever race and class you need.

For God's sake, man, buy a PC!
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #6
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't have a gripe per say with peecees. It's Windows I have a gripe with. Microsoft in general. I avoid it like the plague. You see, back in the 80s there was this traumatizing event involving the very first version of Windows. It's so bad, I wont even talk about what happened. Let's just say I have never liked them since.

If I did have a peecee, it would have to be a Linux box. But I like my Macs better, or, my old reliable Sparc workstation. (I fiddle around with weather as a hobby, have my own home built doppler system, need a very powerful rig to render images)
Old 01-08-2003, 08:28 PM   #7
Jan

Ha ha wonderwoman!!

Sorry!. Just joking. Man this sounds pretty odd [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #8
drewal
Drow Warrior

Does Near Infinity work with a Mac? If so, that's your solution.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:05 PM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfingers:
I don't have a gripe per say with peecees. It's Windows I have a gripe with. Microsoft in general. I avoid it like the plague.
I empathise. I really don't see eye to eye with the microsofties at all. Its the little things that really bug me. You're playing a game when all of a sudden you're brought back into windows just so you can view a little pop-up screen that says: "there are new windows updates ready to download". Aaarrgh.
After hours of configuring i finally made it so that it doesn't leave the game when ever the pop-ups appear.

Out of curiousity, i downloaded one of the updates (the one that reads CDs as soon as you put them in instead of having to go back into windows and 'my computer' and right click to eject the CD so it clears the memory) only to find that its changed the config files so that only half of my games will run. Aaarrgh.

I tried to uninstall the patch so i can get back to playing my games only to find that there is no option to uninstall. Aaarrgh. After nearly a day of organising save games into archives so that i can re-install all my games (9GB worth!) i was finally able to get back to playing them.

Then there's the games that simply refuse to work. I bought System Shock 2 about a year ago and to this day i don't know what it's like. I've never played it. It simply wont run. Got all the patches from interplay (think it was interplay) and it still wont go. Aaarrgh. Gave up after a couple of weeks.

Microsoft sucks. No two ways about it. Unfortunately (whether the endless money bags of MS or its supposed ease for programmers, i don't know) this trend is set to continue. 90% of developers create their games for Windows first. If you don't like it, too bad. You gotta wait 4-24 months for the game to be ported accross to Linux or Mac and even then only if they decide to bother. Yes Microsoft sucks, but their prominent standing in the PC market ensures their continued dominance. There's little you or i or anybody can do about it. Altogether now: Aaarrgh.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #10
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is not intended as a stereotype, but, rather, as a fact. People who own Macs generally have a lot of disposable income. Folks with money to burn. We like the finer stuff. And we vote with our wallets.

We don't have as many games, and, with a few exceptions, the ones we do have are generally better then their peecee counterparts. By the time it finally gets to us, most of the bugs are ironed out, and, what few are left are fixed during the porting. There are however, some noteable exceptions. Sim City 3000. It was built on a bare bones windows emu to enable it to run on the Mac, and, performance was just HORRIBLE. And guess what. It was not a best seller on the Mac. Once word got out, folks simply did not buy it. And somebody lost a lot of money.

It is even sadder that most M$ stuff actually runs better on a Mac. The latest Mac version of Office has over 200 features not found on the peecee side. Since we demand more, M$ made the MBU (Mac Business Unit) and we get features that make windows users pull their hair out. All of that is lost on me though. I don't care. I find M$ to be a dispicable company. I know a lot of folks, my self included, that has been SCREWED badly by the M$ goons. If people even knew how much technology has been held back by M$, they would tear their hair out.

I like my Mac, inspite of the problems. I like the innovations. I love gaming, and, have had my hand in many memorable Mac games. I have been with video games since their infancy, way way way back in the day. I have beta tested countless games, worked with companies like Nintendo, and, some of the most memorable moments in my life were spent on an Apple IIgs beta testing new games that would be coming soon to a console near you. And I would love to get my hands on even more games, and, there are moments I look longingly over at the peecee side. But then I think of M$ and change my mind.

It's not Baldur's Gate, it's not fancy looking, but, if you want some really good RPGs with enough story to fill several telephone books, check out the games at www.spiderweb.com I have beta tested quite a few of these games, there is little flash but a ton of substance. Some of the best games out there are hardly even noticed.