Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #51
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

The parents had the heirlooms locked in a secret room. behind the painting of his grandfather.

Rapier is the oldest sword i can think of that would go good with his personality. If i described his sword and made a name for it? would that be alright?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #52
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:
Character Sheet Magic
Major:Osteomancing
Minor:Illusion

Spells

Split Reflections
Projection
False Strike
Bone Armor(Shape bone of ally or self into armor, very intimidating)
Spines(Spines protrude from any part of the body at will)
Freeze the Core(Stops enemy movement by freezing skeleton in place, muscles still work)
Seize the Core(Control enemy movements by controlling skeleton)
Boneless(Dissolves target's skeleton into base elements, for good or worse)
It looks good, but you realise that there are no corporeal undead - only ghosts or spirts. Aside from that cautionary note, it looks great. [img]smile.gif[/img] . (so no raising dead skeleies or controlling (dead) them basically, but the rest can stay - the living skeletons you can control for sure). [/QUOTE]Raising skeletons would be necromancy, dummy!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:29 PM   #53
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:

Wepon Mastery: Rapier As Dplex posted before me (due to 'net problems,) there are no rapiers in a psuedo medevial setting, so please change that?
Rapiers are very European, thats where they origniated!

Quote:
The name rapier is thought to have derived from the Spanish espada ropera, "sword of the robes." It is possible the name has French origins; a French document of 1474 references an epee rapiere. Either way, the term rapier was in common use throughout Europe by the end of the 15th century. In England, foreign teachers of fence taught the rapier in London. They were commonly called a Tuck, in England, which was a slang paraphrase of the French word for "thrust". The rapier's history, employment, and development is rich and detailed, probably more so than any other bladed weapon in history.

The rapier was, essentially, a civilian or gentleman's blade rather than a soldier's battlefield weapon. While the rapier design (small hilted, one handed weapon with a relatively thin blade) had been a popular weapon prior to the advent of firearms, the development of firearms for combat use furthered the development of the rapier. Full armor became a liability in the age of firearms; speed of movement became more important. Accordingly, weapons such as the mace, war hammer, and two-handed swords which were designed to penetrate armour were rendered useless. In this new age of combat, brawn was no longer the asset it once was; finesse and dexterity were paramount. The sword devolved from the primary weapon of combat to a secondary one. Smaller bodied, less brawny individuals (as many of the landed classes and nobility were) began developing the rapier and its use in sword fighting as a gentleman's endeavor.

During the first 100 years of its use as a weapon the original rapier blades were 1.25 inches wide with sturdy, straight quillons (sides of the crossguard which protect the hand). While the rapier blade remained relatively unchanged over the centuries, the weapon hilt changed considerably. To protect the fingers during combat, the quillons were extended, a knuckle bow was added for further protection, and the quillons grew curved bars which swept back over the hand, basket-style. Swept-hilt, basket-hilt, and cup-hilted rapiers became the most popular styles of rapiers, although dozens of styles existed across Europe. Rapier combat developed to the use of an off-handed dagger, cloak and small shields like the buckler, targe, and lantern for parrying the opponent's weapon. As the art of rapier defencing, or fencing for short, developed, the off-handed weapon and shields disappeared, leading into what we now think of as fencing. Rapier combat was the most involved, most studied form of sword fighting to date in history; it has been called an art form.
[ 07-25-2005, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 07-26-2005, 03:32 AM   #54
dplax
Jack Burton

The definition of medieval from Wikipedia

This says that the Middle Ages finished in 15th-16th century, so unless the games time is like the end of the middle age there won't be any rapiers. I guess now it's up to Colin whether he allows them or not.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #55
Saliarasri
The Magister

A sabre was before the rapier, and that i think is the lightest sword

DrowArchmage, you do know with no active spells, no stealth, you are noticable by most of hte party, right?

[ 07-26-2005, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 07-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #56
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Changed my sword and added stealth, along with the spells i forgot about
Old 07-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #57
Saliarasri
The Magister

Okay.. two thigns

1) Colin said no sabres.. and 2 - EITHER magic mastry/weapon acolyte or magic minor/weapon mastery

.. and why did you add stealth?

EDIT: 3rd point
Steal Soul is Death Sphere, and you get more than one spell per sphere - you get the one's indicated by the rules.

Setting is pre cutlass/sabre/rapier

[ 07-26-2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 07-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #58
Legolas
Jack Burton

Wasn't that scimitar?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #59
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I thinks he means that Colin told him to post that via MSN. He kept telling me too but, being lazy and watching a film, I told him no.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM   #60
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"Colin" was busy drawing a maps for you louts so you don't get lost [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Closed Thread