Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #31
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

thank youShamrock

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
Old 07-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #32
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Game Rules

I felt I should post these before going any further - the rules are simple enough:

No posting with sigs, please. If you do, just edit it out.
DM's ruling is final
No controlling another person's character without his/her permission (including the DM's NPCs/Villains)
No uber crazed actions or killing five plus people in a row without taking a scratch... I'll let you decide your own damage for the most part, but there will be times when I'll "force" a character to take damage.
Basically summed up: Common Sense & Courtesy

Aside from that, the rules are few -- just have fun, enjoy yourself and make the game enjoyable for others [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: feel free to use colours for speech, action or general text, but please, no eyesore colours... people have to read it after all . Personally, I'll use different colours for speech, depending on the character, and silver for block text, or possibly gold, again depending on the situation.
ohhh i see,like that

[ 07-23-2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]

Old 07-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #33
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Please change the blue to a lighter blue DrowArchmage - it burns the eyes -_-
Old 07-24-2005, 12:43 AM   #34
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

anything from the penut gallery?

I've edited my character so he's a little more belivable,thought i didnt take out the Ranger thing,i can if i must though.

[ 07-24-2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
Old 07-24-2005, 03:45 AM   #35
dplax
Jack Burton

Oh and DrowArchmage don't forget to put in the < /font> (without the space of course) tags at the end of the text where you put the colour.

Oh and I just edited out the sig from my post from yesterday.

[ 07-24-2005, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 07-24-2005, 05:50 PM   #36
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by DrowArchmage:
anything from the penut gallery?

I've edited my character so he's a little more belivable,thought i didnt take out the Ranger thing,i can if i must though.
A bit more believable? Com'on, its still very much a Drizzt clone. I don't know how experienced you are in roleplay games, so bear with me, okay? This game is more of a role-play than a 'roll play' or a 'power gaming' session. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I'm not altogether convinced that this is the game for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to let you join, but you have to modify your character. There are two real ways to go about your character - either you can leave him closely to what he is and you'll be attacked by powerful things to counter his power, or you can modify him (or start over with a new one) and fit in with the rest of the party. Its your choice. However, regardless of what you choose, the 'half elf' part has to go. I noticed you've not read the PM I sent you, so I'll copy and paste the important parts:

At the very least, your character will need to be modified, specifically, the 'fey' herritage part which has no place in this world. His stats will also need modifying as they're far too powerful compared to the others. Twin Scimitars may also need to go, but we'll see. As to the assassin/ranger bio... its a little much right now. But we'll see. Give me a chance to think it over.

---
I'm going to make a few 'suggestions' to your character which will help set him on a par with the other player's sheets. Remember: don't take this personally and I'm willing to compromise on most things. (changes will be placed beside the original in red

Name:Zakaria

Height: 6'1
Weight: 80 pounds (isn't 80 pounds a little light for a 6'1 character..?)
Build: Slim and muscular
Skin Tone: Well tanned (bear in mind that this is a medevial temperate setting, meaning, if you're covered up all the time, there is no way you could be 'tanned')
Hair Colour: Purple with silver streaks (Please change this to a 'normal' colour, such as brown, blonde, black or the like.)
Eye colour: Tiger eyes (again, please change to a normal colour)

Attributes - (As a suggestion I wouldn't use more than 18 points at most)
Str:3 (3 can stay)
End:3 (3 can stay)
Agil:5 (change from 5 to 4 - and this is you're highest stat)
intel:2
aura:3 (3 is okay but you've got several '3's, you might want to drop one to 2 giving you've a stat in 4)
per:2
spr:2 (Why is your Spr at 2 when you've majored in magic? It should be at least 3 - but seeing as you've put 4 in Agi, you're not going to put 4 in spr too. 3 would be better, but if you do, I would suggest dropping either Str or End to 2 to even it out.

Skills

Physical
Sprinting/Running: novice
climbing: novice
jumping: novice
acrobatics: adept

Worldly
Weponssmith: novice
woodwork: novice
herbalism: adept
Alchemy: novice
Tracking/hunting:Master

Mental
Concentration: novice
Discipline: adept

Magic
Minor: fire ( - this wasn't there the last time I saw your sheet. You've editted it in and made it more powerful. It can stay, I suppose, but not if you want 'darkness' too.)
Major: Darkness ( - please list the 'spells for this and put it under spells or in brackets next to the Sphere. And please move it down to 'minor' or take out "weapon mastery" and change it to "acolyte".)

Wepon Mastery:Twin Scimatars (Please lose the scimitars since they wouldn't exist in a european medievial setting. Secondly, you've got 'mastery' and 'major' both, as previously mentioned. Please choose one. I would suggest something like a 'longsword', 'broadsword' or the like. Or even dual shortswords. But honestly, attempting to dual wield anything larger than a shortsword would be difficult. I know you've got 4 in Agi, but it is something to think about.)

Special Attack: Dark Blades,surrounds sword blades in black enrgy,devastatingly powerful becuse it draw on the netherworld for power,almost kills the user by draining life energy to open the netherworld portal. (No. Just no. Drawing energy from the 'netherworld' is so completely overpowering that I refuse to allow it. It may look 'cool', but given the others abilities, it isn't fair. I would suggest instead, something along the lines of: "Channelling Magic(Darkness) through the blades - combining both magic and swordplay for a limited time, Zak can cast 'shadow blades' - which causes him to split into up to five replicas of himself and his swords which perform limited physical and magical damage and are indistinguishable from his 'true form', meaning no one can tell them apart without scrying magic. These shadows can attack any target but must stay within a certain range of one another, or fade into nothingness. It is also a good disruption technique. Zak is all of these and none of them at once, meaning, he will only reappear when all five shadows are destroyed. He may choose to end this at any time.")

special ability: Able to blend completly within the shadows,can also levitate.
(Able to blend within shadows is fine, but levitate is not.)

Inventory: Black assasins cloak,with special powers that you'll find out about eventually. - (No. No magical items. And don't have an 'assassin's' cloak, or any other item with the lable 'assassin' or 'ranger' or anything like that in front of it. Say a 'black cloak' or 'dark cloak' or something along those lines instead. After all, assassins don't necessarily always wear black - its stereotyping them and that's a bad thing.)
-torch(2)
-Money(gold-1 SP-5 LSP-3)
-Daggers in boots
-Scimatars on both his sides
-assasins pendant
-assasins rings(3)
-enough food for 3 days

Appearance and Personality: Zak is slightly built,and well taned.
Bio: He is a trained assasin,but is more intrested in using his talents as a ranger.He has worked for both the nobles and the bandits and has killed some of both. He is dark and mysterious and isnt to be annoyed.His childhood is dark,his parents were killed in a raid by a very large group of bandits who plunderd through the fortune and left little. Although he wont openly admit it,his heritage is a blessing.He likes to keep his hair short and colourd.Mainly purple or silver.If he were to grow it out,his true identity would be reviled.
(This needs changing. As stated before, no half elf herritate. Therefore, no fancy colours for his hair or eyes. Your bio makes him infamous - meaning, there will be bounty hunters after him. I would change it, were I you. You've never explained why or how he was trained as an assassin. It would be better to say he was trained as a swordsman, possibly for several years away from home and when he returned he discovered that bandits had burnt, plundered and taken everything - including his parents lives and then turned to using his swordsman's skills as an assassin. However, I would question the whole 'working for bandits and nobles' both if bandits slew his family. You make him sound like a mercenary for hire. Whilst that's all well and good, you should be careful not to make him too mercenary-like, if only so it makes it easier to have loyalties to the party. If gold is his only goal, then its more difficult to roleplay with the party for when say, if the villain offers him a large amount. Of course, if you want it that way, its fine, but its just something to look out for. Aside from that, I would lose the ranger thing and simply say that he was taught to track as a child, and used to spend weeks in the forest with his father or someone and that's where he learnt his forestlore.)

--
Quote:
Originally posted by DrowArchmage:
ohhh i see,like that

And yes, like that.

Edit: Oh, and Shamrock gave me a couple of useful links on roleplaying vs. powergaming - you might find them interesting.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=501

http://members.aol.com/zilal/gemrpguide.html

and

http://www.dragondogpress.com/unclefiggy/rp/rpchap1.htm

Edit 2: I would have sent this via PM, but since you've not read the one I previously sent, I felt it best to post it here.

[ 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #37
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

there,that was, interesting,almost totally rewrote the bio.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:13 AM   #38
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Few questions about the RP before I can post:

1) How many bandits are there and where are they standing (in comparison to the 'party')?

2) Do we know there are snipers? It's too early for me to read through all the posts, I haven't woken up yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: I just read that the peasants who tried to run across got shot down by arrows, so I'll take that as a yes

[ 07-25-2005, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:30 AM   #39
dplax
Jack Burton

Colin, pm'd you with an idea for what my so far non-existant signature attack could be.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:24 AM   #40
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Character Sheet Template

Name: Ansolon

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 112
Build: Skin and bones
Skin Tone: Pale
Hair Colour: Black, turning gray
Eye Colour: Yellow

Atributes
Str 1
End 1
Agi 1
Int 4
Aur 2
Per 4
Spr 4

Skills

Knowledge:Humanoid Anatomy MASTER
Discipline MASTER
Concentration MASTER

Magic
Major:Osteomancing
Minor:Illusion

Spells

Split Reflections
Projection
False Strike
Bone Armor(Shape bone of ally or self into armor, very intimidating)
Spines(Spines protrude from any part of the body at will)
Freeze the Core(Stops enemy movement by freezing skeleton in place, muscles still work)
Seize the Core(Control enemy movements by controlling skeleton)
Boneless(Dissolves target's skeleton into base elements, for good or worse)

Weapon Mastery
Mastery:
Acolyte:Spines

Inventory
A walking staff
A robe
1 days worth of food

[ 07-25-2005, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Closed Thread