Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Guys, now that everything is up, if you could get your sheets in within the next few days, we can start

If you have any qs, please drop me a line.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Name: Narar

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 285
Build: Huge
Skin Tone: White..ish
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown

Atributes
Str 4
End 4
Agi 2
Int 2
Aur 2
Per 3
Spr 1

Skills

Kickin' ass and takin' names

Magic
Major:N/A
Minor:Enchantment, Animal

Spells

Bewilder
Commune with Beasts
Calm Beasts
Charm Beast

Weapon Mastery

Mastery:Improvised Weapons, Hammers, Quarterstaff, Fists
Acolyteunch Dagger, Dagger

Signature Attacks

Punctured-Pins the enemy to the ground back up, and brings the blade of his hammer crashing into their spine. Paralyzed, Narar rotates his hammer to drive the rib cage into the victims lungs.

Rock And A Hard Place-Narar drives the blunt side of his hammer into the victim's gut horizontally, and pins them to a wall. The resulting impact of the wall and the force of the hammer implodes the victims chest cavity.

Blind Man's Bluff-Narar blinds the victim with bewilder, stabs the victim in the foot with the blade of his hammer, and as the victim bends over, Narar brings the hammer over the back of their head.

Special Power

Thanks to special ancestral gloves, Narar can pick up most things with great ease. However, Narar almost never uses these gloves.

Narar's hammer is a very special one indeed. One of the hammers heads is a large, curved blade.

Inventory

Small bag of copper coins, and a gold coin
2 Handed hammer
6 days worth of food
1 Broken Pauldron
3 Polearm shafts
Ancestral Gloves
Nines, the ferret
A few spare shirts

Appearance

Narar's most distinguishable trait is the ankh on his back. The same ankh is found on the head of his hammer. Being bald, only Narar knows the color of his hair.

[ 07-21-2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 07-19-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Looks good Dalamar, although he may be a tad powerful with so many weapon masteries, acolytes & magics, but aside from that - he seems fine - but - what does he look like? Where's the background and appearance and stuff? . That aside, I like him. [img]smile.gif[/img] . Now, if only everyone else would get in a character sheet.

Oh, and I updated the magics and added a few more, so you may want to check that.

[ 07-19-2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #14
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

With no skills, i had to make up for it with something
Old 07-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #15
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram, the manically depressed human
(think Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide)

char sheet to come [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and I'll take my customary green in game, with bold for speech and italic for thoughts.

[ 07-20-2005, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 07-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #16
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Dalamar - sure [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Dplex - I hope that people will be able to disinguish between my green and yours And that's fine [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I too tend to prefer italics and " ' "s for thoughts and ' " 's for speech.

Now all we need is Leggy's sheet and possibly another character or two and we're all set.

If anyone else wants to join the game, do feel free!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 AM   #17
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I'll post my character sheet soon, just haven't got round to it yet [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #18
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
I hope that people will be able to disinguish between my green and yours
Didn't notice your green...oh well then, I'll take red.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 AM   #19
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

If I'm welcome my character sheet is almost written up, just have the appearance and personality section left. [img]smile.gif[/img]

How does this colour suit everybody?

[ 07-21-2005, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 07-21-2005, 07:21 AM   #20
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Character Sheet Template

Name: Detheriel

Height: 6ft
Weight: 13 stones
Build: Lithe
Skin Tone: Light but tanned
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue

Atributes

Str 2
End 3
Agi 2
Int 3
Aur 3
Per 3
Spr 2

Skills

Master:
(i) Tracking
(ii) Stealth

Adept:
(i) Knowledge of forests/wilderness
(ii) Herbalism
(iii) Riding
(iv) Sprinting/running
(v) Woodcraft
(vi) Weather prediction

Novice
(i) Acrobatics
(ii) Jumping
(iii) Knowledge of astronomy
(iv) Climbing
(v) Tailoring

Abilities

Magic
Major: None
Minor: Animal

Spells
Commune with Beasts
Calm Beasts
Charm Beast

Weapon Mastery
Mastery: Long bow. His long curved dagger.
Acolyte: Traps.

Signature Attack
Uncanny Shot: Due to years of dilligent hunting practice, Detheriel is able to place an arrow carefully in a target that others would find near-impossible. This shot automatically hits and causes double damage.

Its use is subject to a number of conditions:
(i) There must be no enemies either threatening him or in the immediate area to allow him to concentrate.
(ii) He must not be distracted for a period of half a minute whilst he carefully aims.
(iii) He must not carry any injuries other than superficial ones - injury would distract his concentration.

Inventory

Clothes: A soft leather jacket, tough trousers, undergarments and leather boots.
Jewellery: A silver necklace
A large satchel.
A leather belt.
A long (1 1/2 feet) slightly curved dagger, sheathed at his belt.
A bow, some 4 1/2 feet in length.
Quiver containing 38 arrows.
A small whittling knife.
Whetstone.
A leather purse hanging from his belt. 15 small copper marks, 5 large copper marks and 2 silver pennies within.
Assorted herbs in a pouch.
Waterskin x2.
Food for two days: Loaf of slightly stale bread, hunk of hard cheese, apple x3, dried and salted meat strip x 3.
Unfinished wood carving of a bird of prey.
Bed roll.
Flint, tinder and kindling.
Two wire traps.
Needle and thread.

Appearance & Personality:

Detheriel stands about 6 feet tall and is a fairly slim but muscular male. His hair is cut very short but somehow still manages to appear slightly unkempt. His blue eyes twinkle in a merry face that the elements have aged beyond his years; unremarkable in all respects apart from a tiny, almost ornate, scar on his left cheek.

Given his life of relative solitude, he loves hearing the idle chatter of other humans but finds peace in the wilds that have been his home for so long and is quick to anger at acts of wanton cruelty or destruction towards nature. He is very proud of his abilities and enjoys using them to help others in need and also rather enjoys (perhaps too much) the gratitude earned in the process. He is not a loud person, preferring to listen to the conversation rather than join in, but he does enjoy a good joke and some ale when it's available.

He dresses in dull browns, favouring leather garments. His satchel is hung over his head by a strap and appears to also be tethered to the back of his wide leather belt, whilst his bedding is strapped to the back of the satchel. A long curved dagger with an ornately engraved blade is hung from a scabbard at his side whilst a small money purse hangs from the other side. His bow is either carried in his right hand or slung over his shoulder and a quiver containing long feathered arrows is also slung across his back next to the satchel.

Background

Detheriel was born in the remote farming village of Maisengall some thirty years ago. The first few years of his life were happy, living with his mother, father and older sister on their smallholding. At the age of eight a series of droughts brought much hardship to their community. As their produce dwindled, hunger asserted itself and gradually drove his father to the bottle. His father lost interest in his work and the situation of their smallholding deteriorated still further under his worsening management.

He lost his mother to a fever one winter at the age of eleven and, as soon as his sister was married a couple of years later, Detheriel ran away from what was fast becoming an abusive home. He quickly learned how to scavenge enough food to survive and in time became proficient with the simple weapons he carried, using his bow to fell animals in the forest.

Feeling the loneliness of isolation, he embarked upon a nomadic existence, moving through the wilds almost at random, helping those in need and slaying those who preyed on the innocent. Such a lifestyle sustains him to this day.

Hope the skill points are ok - I've balanced taking six adepts at the cost of only having two skills at mastery level. His signature attack is powerful, but I think I've imposed suitably draconian restrictions on its use to make it reasonable.

Do let me know if you need anything changed/expanded upon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit:

After posting a bit I thought it might be helpful if his personality could be expanded upon here.

He's fundamentally a 'good' character. Whilst events like the opression of the populace witnessed so far will make him coldly angry, he prefers to assess the situation before taking action. He is mild-mannered usually, not prone to lose his temper and generally tries to avoid conflict within groups. He is quite content to follow another leader, so long as he feels he has sufficient influence to ensure the group arrives at the decisions that he wanted.

He has many character flaws too - not least that he can be prone to flashes of jealousy. He also gets irritated when things are not proceeding along what he perceives to be the 'correct' course of action and generally has low opinions of those he thinks aren't practical or 'wise to the ways of the world'. In the interests of avoiding overt conflict in the group he would usually hide these feelings.

He is a practical sort of man, as you might expect from a lifetime of living outdoors, and has little patience for the fineries of civilised life (or indeed little knowledge of them either!). Occasionally you may therefore notice him interacting clumsily with others.

5 unused XP outstanding.

[ 05-30-2006, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Closed Thread