Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2002, 03:35 PM   #71
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Thats NOT what I said and if you dont want to violate the TOS and derail the discussion by deliberately misquoting and not keeping things on topic..thats your perogative.
LOL - uh, how can I misquote you when those were your exact words? Take a deep breath and relax, mate.
And maybe explain to me what you did mean, because I can't see where I misinterpreted you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 03:39 PM   #72
Lord Shield

Quote:
Come to DC and Ill take you to some bars, (assuming here that you are over 21) and let you dis the queen...ill stand in the opposite corner
let's translate

"come to America"
"go into US bars"
"then diss the queen"

looks cut-and-dried to me

Old 05-27-2002, 03:43 PM   #73
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i've been to london a couple of times, have been to several pubs with some guys from the eastend and i have yet to meet the first guy who even thinks about the queen. They don't give a rats ass, all they care about is beer and fun, like it should be.
Old 05-27-2002, 03:46 PM   #74
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Umm, well I think the best place to find out our views on the queen would be for you to come here and defend her honour then MagiK.
Old 05-27-2002, 03:49 PM   #75
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
i've been to london a couple of times, have been to several pubs with some guys from the eastend and i have yet to meet the first guy who even thinks about the queen. They don't give a rats ass, all they care about is beer and fun, like it should be.
*bows*

we aim to please

Old 05-27-2002, 04:10 PM   #76
MagiK

You know, it is really sad that there are some people on this site who only derive their pleasure by twisting the thread to suit their warped juvenile sense of humor. I am so sick of this small group of seemingly protected individuals who are free to turn their posts into open attacks and ridicule especially when they make up or twist the post that they are useing in their flame bait.

Sometimes we have very mature discussion here but certain people seem to only exist to cause trouble.

Fine I was talking about impressions that Brits give when abroad, and I have a french person telling me I dont know what Im hearing or where..and she twists the truth...this goes to further my own personal bias toward the french but I think we should possibly think about what image we here at IW want to portrey, wether it is one of a give and take of fact and discussion or just another flame strewn childrens tantrum board.

Im guilty of trying to respond to each individual who posts to me...my mistake there is assumeing they want a mature discussion and arent just trying to start a flame war.

Old 05-27-2002, 04:27 PM   #77
Melusine
Dracolisk

Um... MagiK - like I said before, take a deep breath and calm down...

Sorry but why are you overreacting like this? You were perfectly happy to discuss the British attitude towards their Queen until some people disagreed with you. I think a lot of serious threads go slightly OT sometimes, I didn't think that was a big problem. I mean, the official topic was women and the draft, but no one seemed to mind the broadening of the topic.
Your constant use of "some people" is a bit puzzling: just come out and say what you mean. FWIW, I've not been baiting you, just disagreeing with you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And who is this French person you are ranting about? Sorry but you lost me with that last post.

[ 05-27-2002, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 05-27-2002, 04:40 PM   #78
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ummm, well, I don't think anyone meant it to be insulting, just funny that you were judging the views of people across our country just because they don't show respect for the queen, and who was the French person you were talking to??? *is confused*
Old 05-27-2002, 04:44 PM   #79
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok everyone, I'm in MOD MODE here. Let's all take a break if this topic is heating up too much.

Please maintain a civil tone. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinions and if you can converse and debate without flaming one another the thread can continue. I'd hate to see it be closed over a few misunderstandings or flames.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #80
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Once again a thread turns into an arguement and look whos at the center of it. The same person who turns any thread into an arguement. I ask this person this-why do you even come to Ironworks? And how can we make you go away?