Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

...I've not opened it yet. I got it today as a belated (very belated) birthday gift from the family but... they only got the regular copy since the special ed wasn't in the shop. Not to sound ungrateful but I specifically asked for the special ed -

My question is this - is it worth sending it back and ordering the special ed online or should I just keep it? The difference in price isn't all that great but what I really want to know is if the features -

# Collector's Edition Includes These Exclusive Materials:
# Septim Gold Coin: An authentic replicated Septimcoin, the official currency of Tamriel
# Pocket Guide to the Empire
# 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including it's people, provinces, and much more!
# Making of Oblivion Documentary: DVD of a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the game.

- Are actually worth the extra cost, hassel and wait. There's no point sending it back and spending more money if its going to be a waste of time, after all.

So... opinions people?

Cheers in advance,
CD.

- Also, how come there's no "poll" option for this forum? :\
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just play the damn game already, in 6 months time you can pick up the special edition in the bargainbins, but by then you've probably lost interest anyway. And besides, everything you need to know about Tamriel can be found on the net. So all that remains would be a silly useless coin, well whoop-dee-doo, i'd rather start playing right away if i were you.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hehe. I think I will. Good advice. Maybe I'll pick up a special ed of the GOTY edition, if they have one.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:

# Pocket Guide to the Empire
# 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including it's people, provinces, and much more!
These two are actually the same thing.

As far as CE goes, i agree with johnny. Now that you've got the game, it's hardly worth trading it in for a few extra gimmicks. If you really want the coin, i bet there's a hundred others who prabably don't, and have already put it on e-bay. Worth a try, no?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote