Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #21
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
(Updated post for Saturday Night Pimpin')

Well, as you know, I took the server down, to test the hak with the mod. Well, ALL of the placeables for the new hak are offset. I am livid!!!!!!!

This means I have to redo the damn palettes for ALL the placeables I made. This is like 1000 or so. Yeh... FUN!

Well, I am damn glad I found this out. And whats kinda sucky is I will have to update all the new patch2 placeables I laid down (Which isn't many. Most are on the not yet opened level 14. But still.. UGHHHHHH.

Anyway, this will take half of today to fix, and I expect to get sore fingers doing this repetitive fix. [img]smile.gif[/img] But I plan to get it done today.

Just makes me so mad.
It is a setback.
Not a setdown.
This is a reminder.
Not a putdown.

You are doing this all on your own. This we know. This we accept. What we will not accept is you dying on us from overexhaustion. Take a few hours at least to grab yourself a nap and some orange juice. No, do not BATHE in the orange juice - drink it. Use some of those girly bath salts and have a relaxing soak in the tub. (Don't make your wife clean up the tub afterwards though. Your mess, you clean it up. *winks at ya*) Have yourself a late (and HUGE) breakfast. And then - only then - go back to the module.

I know for a fact you wanted to get everything up on Friday. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. You aren't getting paid the mucho bucks for doing all this work for us. If you were, you wouldn't have to have a real job and a real life outside of this. I know nothing of what pallette problems are, but I can guess by the description of the magnitude of what you are doing. What is a crying shame is that they don't have one of those fancy schmancy *.2da editors for anything that isn't CEP v2.0 compatible which might have helped. Oh well, I can wait longer to get to the good stuff. Don't overexert yourself, Ziroc. This is supposed to be fun for you too.

*Hands you a slice of badly made but still quite tasty chocolate cheesecake.* Eat up, as you need the energy. (I was about to write "energon", but that isn't until 7-4-7... *goes into foaming at the mouth fanboy mode*) We'll be here when it - and you - are ready to release the phatness.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #22
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] No worries, I am half way there!

What happened is I had missed some lines in the placeables.2da, and when I corrected this, and added those missing lines, it off set all the placeable models. (so when you click properties on a placeable, it may say "Mushroom", but is showing something else. So I just gotta change change it back in each placeable property.

Not TOO bad.. Anyway, yeh, I gotta take breaks, because my lower back is hurting more lately.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #23
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Well get your arse out of that chair and rest yourself. I know where you're coming from on the sore back, spent 4 months off work last year by not paying attention to the warning signs. Bad, very bad. Do NOT do it.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #24
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

*smug look*
told ya.
bath salts.
good comic book.
some hardcore gangsta rap.
it'll perk you right up.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #25
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Unglaublich Verwustung:
Well get your arse out of that chair and rest yourself. I know where you're coming from on the sore back, spent 4 months off work last year by not paying attention to the warning signs. Bad, very bad. Do NOT do it.
Yeah, I know! It's too late for my back and hips it seems. I have some type of nerve pinched or pressure, and it hurts like hell a lot. I'm even on pain meds for this. sucks... I do stretches, exercise, and yep, warm baths are good! [img]smile.gif[/img] Epsom salt..

I actually have to plan my day around the pain many times. It shoots to my hips and down my legs. ugh. But OH YEAH, I cannot sit at the PC for long periods or I pay for it. lol! I take hourly breaks, and relax.

Will keep ya updated throughout the day! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ok, I am spent for tonight. I won't promise anything after finding this dang bug, but in all likelihood, it'll be finished up Monday.

Ugh. my finger hurt from redoing those palettes. over 2000, and I spent 8 hours on them today!!!! geez. evil bug...

I'll update you in the morning! Night! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-12-2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 11-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #27
wellard
Dracolisk

Strewth that is a lot of hours Ziroc *shudders to think how many hours this whole module has taken*

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #28
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
wellard made the bold choice to comment on this topic by saying:

Strewth that is a lot of hours Ziroc *shudders to think how many hours this whole module has taken*
To give you a rough estimate, I would say around three to four months.
No sleeping.
No eating.
No pausing.
No going to the bathroom.
Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

How ever many hours is in that time period, that would be my official guess. We are looking in terms of easily hundreds if not thousands of hours spent on this. (I went from eight months to six months to four months. It'd be more like eight months using the 8 hours per day, five days per week measurement - not including overtime, of course.) And it is not just the programming in we have to thank him for, it is all the remodelling, the naming, the planning out, the hours upon hours of researching different plotlines and previously created creatures from the community.

So yeah, I figure if I have to wait another week for the update, it's worth it. I know YOU are looking forward to the new stuff. *grins* And everyone is looking forward to seeing what else Muriel has in that gauntlet of hers. *gets my greatsword-wielding weaponmaster ready...*

[ 11-14-2006, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
Old 11-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #29
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:

So yeah, I figure if I have to wait another week for the update, it's worth it. I know YOU are looking forward to the new stuff. *grins* And everyone is looking forward to seeing what else Muriel has in that gauntlet of hers. *gets my greatsword-wielding weaponmaster ready...*
LOL I guess that is a reason for the delay, all the bad things down the 'hole' are on strike cause they are scared of some of your characters [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

As for the murial area I always thought that was a great area for a rogue to play. Lots of traps and high dexterity needed.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #30
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, had a wonderful issue last night. My Geforce 6800GT went screwy and covered the entire screen with weird static looking colors, and froze the PC. So, I go, take the card out, and look it over.

On the bottom of the card, there was one chip that looked like it had leaked some thermal paste from the other side somehow--or the solder melted or sofened and covered a few tiny circuits. So I VERY carefully chip off the excess stuff--it was clear it wasn't meant to be there-- (does this happen sometimes? And could this have been the issue?) Anyway, It could have caused a short or something.

I reinstalled it--but expected it to fail again--have yet to move the desk BACK because I expected it to fail--lol, but nope. All is well so far, and I even taxed the hell out of it for heat checking. When it crashed, it was only at 72c, which is more than okay--the max point is 120c for this card.

Not worried, just pissed me off, of all things I need to delay me, the PC isn't one of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I *DO* have a older Geforce4 4600Ti 128mb card, and would do fine to finish the patch. No biggie, but man.. what a pain.

Anyway, this happened last night, so I got back to work for a time, then went to sleep at 5am. lol. Now, I'm back at it. About 20% left to finish. I FREAKING HATE PALETTES!

Although, I *am* listening to the audiobook a friend gave me of Eragon and Elder. Pretty good story for a 17 year old! Damn audiobooks are like 14-16 hours EACH!