Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 11:49 PM   #1
Craig Alexander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the town of Targos at the start I can buy a longsword called the 'Heart of XXXX' where XXXX is the name of my character.

I would normally not bother buying this weapon. Without spoiling things too much, will having this weapon have any benefit later or in the game or will something special happen later if I do have it ?

Cheers

Craig
Craig Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 11:51 PM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

In two games going so far,I have used these swords and noticed no special anything bonus or otherwise with them.Maybe its a welcome to the game kinda thing?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:05 AM   #3
Jinxies
Elite Waterdeep Guard

craig,

I don't think there's something special or can affect the game will happen if you use the "your name" sword, one of my character is using it but no incidents have refer to it, but it is only the first time i am playing the game. my husband uses the "your name" sword too, and nothing happend in his game with reference to the swords either. I however find this "your sword" thing very interesting. I think there should be another one further down/up the game with higher stat.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:02 AM   #4
Lord Draco
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have seen one in the cheats that there is a golden your nam sword that is pretty ccool. So I think you can upgrade it some how.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:20 AM   #5
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

well there is the special game mode HoF

there this sword raises with u character but beside this mode nothing hppends to the sword
Old 09-26-2002, 09:29 AM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

The Golden Heart of CHARNAME longsword is the HoF version of the normal mode Heart of CHARNAME sword.

It's a seriously good +5 longsword. Haste and Freedom of Movement when equipped. IIRC there are some other good things about it as well.

My paladin in my HoF party is dual weilding the Holy Avenger and the Golden Heart most of the time.

[ 09-26-2002, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Magness ]
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #7
myungbass
Manshoon

pardon my ignorence but what is hof?
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Heart Of Fury Mode
Old 10-02-2002, 12:26 AM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, the "Heart Of" sword is nothing special in any of the difficulty modes except HOF. I was surprised that the weapons, etc. for sale were all the same, even on "insane" difficulty.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote