Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

Please AHHASODGHAOEJ~!WEGO;ja]p

I've read the walkthroughs and read the posts on this board but I can't seem to kill those damned mirrored Pomabs!

I've got 5 able melee folks hasted and every time they get one hit on a mirror guy he just teleports and heals!!

What am I doing wrong?!? please its frustrating to no end!!
Old 04-04-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Have you first killed the sentries, do you have Protction from lightnig?

You can always kill a few sentries than leave, save, heal, and go back in again.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 02:27 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Do what I always do--Cloudkill the slimy little *censored*! Then finish off the sentries with your tanks. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 04:53 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

You won't be able to kill all the mirrored Pomabs. They respawn every few rounds. There's one real Pomab between them, and he's the one you'll need to kill.
What you want to do is equip your characters with missile weapons. Have each shoot at a different image, and change the images everyone shoots at to fresh ones all the time. The information you get in the bar at the bottom of the screen should tell you who is hitting the real Pomab, and who is targeting false versions. Locks stay the same even when the images reset, so once you find the right Pomab, target him with everyone and you'll have him gone in no-time.
Of course, it's not as easy as that for two reasons. One is that you will be attacked yourself, and characters could easily die. The other is that I'm typing this from memory, and may be completely wrong.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Use cloudkill repeatedly, and that should take care of them. Don't worry, I had an awful time trying to do this.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:42 PM   #6
Sparhawk, Warrior of the light
Dungeon Master

I was under the impression that you can't kill the Sentries until pombab is dead or am I wrong?
Old 04-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #7
pritchke

The sentries are the first thing I always get rid of before taking out Pomab.

I don't like to tell people they are wrong.

For me since I always have Potions of insulations it is the sentries that do the most damage to me.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:16 PM   #8
Midget Gems

It's been a while since I did this and my new party are just getting near the end. However I thought it was a waste of time fighting the Sentries, they don't die. On one occation I put my Mage in a Resilient Sphere and the Sentries couldn't touch him, that allowed me to sort out Pomab without getting beaten up. Nice tactic that I got from the good people here at Ironworks.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:09 PM   #9
pritchke

To determine if it is worth killing the sentries or not look at the experience needed to advance to the next level. Sometimes it may be the difference of advancing a level and you do get experience for them.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:58 PM   #10
Midget Gems

Just to say I did this fight at the weekend. I followed the advice that Legolas gave about watching the dialogue window to see who was targeting the "real" Pomab and sure enough he died quickly. Wish I could say the same about Belhifet, I had to keep plugging away at him for ages before he died.