Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2001, 01:59 AM   #1
Ted
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you fight this thing? I don"t seem to be having much luck.
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 04:29 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm i dont use any special tactic there, just hack with your strongest characters (no more than 2 or 3) and throw a bit of magic and arrows from behind. If youre having problems you could rest before fighting to heal your party and memorize spells.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:52 PM   #3
Alaric
Manshoon

If I remember correctly, it can only be hit with +1 or better weapons.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:40 PM   #4
Lord Teppenwolfe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What I did was put my Ranger on the left side of the steps, and one of my fighters on the right side of the steps. I then placed my mage and cleric near the pools. Then placed my thief in between them. I used my other fighter to pull the Sending to us using his bow. When he was within range, I paused the game and then gave my ranger and warrior the command to attack using their bows, my thief the command to use his bow, my mage to cast her acid arrow and to ensure that my second fighter was going to "tank" the Sending.

I then took pause off and watched the fight. About midway through I paused again to give my cleric the command to Cure Moderate Wounds on the main fighter and also at the time, gave the mage the command to launch a magic missile at the Sending.

In the end, my main tank died but so did the Sending and we marched back to town and got him rezzed. I found this to be the best way to do him after watching my party die 5 times before.

Lord Teppenwolfe
Lord Teppenwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:52 PM   #5
bjornm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Absolutely correct Lord Teppenwolf. The only problem I see is that the Big 12 is way overrated.
bjornm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 12:26 PM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I dispatched the Sending by the usual hack 'n' slash with magical and bow backup. Problem is....I didn't even realize it was a 'special' battle until I clicked into the forum! ::sheepish grin::