Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 09:33 PM   #11
perlninja
Dungeon Master

ermmmm.... -12AC and "only" 40HP damage? Care to share how you built that character?
perlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:08 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

An AC value of -12 is actually on the low end of potential AC. A Paladin with 18 DEX will have a base AC of 6.

Full Plate Mail: -3
Innate PfEvil: -5
Protection from Evil 10' Radius: -7
Medium Shield +2: -10
Ring of Protection +1: -11
That Severed Hand Laurel: -12
That Belt that bestows Blur: -15

This is from memory, there are definitely better equipment out there, and I have not even factor in the spells yet.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:53 PM   #13
NobleNick
Quintesson

Minor spoiler in this post.....

Eh ... Ar-Cunin, Did you actually read my last post? Yes, I knew it was a 2+ year old post when I replied. The reason I did so (The answer to both your questions, really) is explicitly stated in the last paragraph of my original post to this thread. Rather than start a new thread, I first did a search for the answer to my question. Only one thread popped up (this one). I answered the question posed there. (Yes, the Q is well over 2 years old; but I know for a fact that people still cruise the search engine for answers, and I had one to share.) Then, since I still didn't have the answer to my question, I posed it within the same thread. Seems reasonable to me. What do you think?

Thanks, Midget Gems!! That is the answer I was looking for! Now I'll go outside and rest....

perlninja, All the following is "IIRC." (I'll try to get accurate details later.): I dualclassed a ranger to cleric at ranger level 10. (In hindsight, I think I should have started with a fighter.) I have 129 HP at 100%. DEX = 18. He is wearing mithral armor (same AC as plate mail +2) and is carrying that red shield that gives an AC bonus of +4 or something like that. He also wears a shimmering belt; so is constantly under the effects of blur.

Yeah, Dundee, your "IIRC" math is roughly agreeing with my "IIRC" math.

Hey, guys, here is the spoiler (though not for anyone who has so far posted): I stumbled into Seth and friends, and almost had 'em licked before I had to exit game for RT commitments (glad I had saved just previous to the encounter). But what I wanted to know is: Is there a way to play the game such that I know what color the Kraken is? Or more generically, is there a way to get past Seth without bloodshed? (Not that I really want to: I'd rather kick butt, but am just curious.)

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:21 PM   #14
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Minor spoiler in this post.....

Eh ... Ar-Cunin, Did you actually read my last post? Yes, I knew it was a 2+ year old post when I replied. The reason I did so (The answer to both your questions, really) is explicitly stated in the last paragraph of my original post to this thread. Rather than start a new thread, I first did a search for the answer to my question. Only one thread popped up (this one). I answered the question posed there. (Yes, the Q is well over 2 years old; but I know for a fact that people still cruise the search engine for answers, and I had one to share.) Then, since I still didn't have the answer to my question, I posed it within the same thread. Seems reasonable to me. What do you think?

Yip! I have often done the same thing, keeps topics together that way. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:35 AM   #15
Yanez
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:

Hey, guys, here is the spoiler (though not for anyone who has so far posted): I stumbled into Seth and friends, and almost had 'em licked before I had to exit game for RT commitments (glad I had saved just previous to the encounter). But what I wanted to know is: Is there a way to play the game such that I know what color the Kraken is? Or more generically, is there a way to get past Seth without bloodshed? (Not that I really want to: I'd rather kick butt, but am just curious.)

If you really want to be spoiled, here is:
SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Read the book ˝Secret societies˝. It's in the locked library of fake Eldathyn temple on 4th level of Dragon's Eye
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote