Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 06:29 PM   #21
Lavindathar
Harper

Gutted for Wales STILL!

Giggs is a god and would be ace to finally see in a major tournament!
Old 11-19-2003, 07:18 PM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

6 - 1!!!! Bloody hell! Never saw that one coming! Also, can't believe Latvia! No one's even heard of them, they come 2nd in the group beating Poland and Hungary (both better on paper) and then they defeat Turkey! I am pretty shocked...
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-19-2003, 07:53 PM   #23
Lavindathar
Harper

OMG, I heard that Turkey beat Latvia........Latvia are through and the Turks are out?

Thats the best news I've had all year, couldnt happen to a nicer team to be honest. Woo-hoo! TURKEY ARE OUT TURKEY ARE OUT TURKEY ARE OUT.

Oh yeah baby, made my day!

*No offence to the Turks on here (if any), but I really hate your footballing nation. Remember Leeds?
Old 11-19-2003, 11:38 PM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
originally posted by Lavindathar

Remember Leeds?
Yes i do, and i also remember them burning Turkish flags in the middle of Istanbul. That's kinda asking for trouble, don't you think ?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:03 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:

Remember Leeds?
Yes i do, and i also remember them burning Turkish flags in the middle of Istanbul. That's kinda asking for trouble, don't you think ? [/QUOTE]johnny - I had the misfortune to run into a few thousand or so Turkish football supporters in Copenhagen a few years ago. I certainly didn't ask for trouble but I certainly got some. (gotta love the way they handle those machetes)
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-20-2003, 06:07 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

What can I say Mouse, yet again Scotland deprive us from watching them humiliate themselves in a major final. I too great delight in the defeat however, purely because I recognize the delight that the majority of you countrymen will take if England lose against Australia on Saturday.

Just a Brucie bonus that Wales & Turkey went out as well.
Another Brucie bonus, I won Ł110 on Holland and will be happy to use some of that cash buying you a drink next week!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-20-2003, 06:09 AM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sorry to hear that Donut, but it's football, incidents WILL happen. At least you came out in one piece.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:29 AM   #28
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:

Remember Leeds?
Yes i do, and i also remember them burning Turkish flags in the middle of Istanbul. That's kinda asking for trouble, don't you think ? [/QUOTE]That was the defence of the scum in the Turkish 'court' (term used loosely) but amazingly, not seen by any of the TV cameras present. There were three Arsenal supporters stabbed in copenhagen by Turks, one was with his family, no flag burning there.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:48 AM   #29
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
That was the defence of the scum in the Turkish 'court' (term used loosely) but amazingly, not seen by any of the TV cameras present. There were three Arsenal supporters stabbed in copenhagen by Turks, one was with his family, no flag burning there.
Lanesra your sig used to say "proud brother of Donut, who made a stand"

Is that what it refers to? what is the story?

Intrested of Sydney [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-20-2003, 07:16 AM   #30
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
originally posted by Lanesra

That was the defence of the scum in the Turkish 'court' (term used loosely) but amazingly, not seen by any of the TV cameras present. There were three Arsenal supporters stabbed in copenhagen by Turks, one was with his family, no flag burning there.
Unfortunately we live in a time that footballfans think it's necessary to bring things like knives, and sometimes even firearms to the stadium. And the Turks a little more extreme than the rest of us, i've seen them in action as well.

But before the Galatasaray-Leeds match i haven't heard of any rivalry between British and Turkish fans. And let's be honest, the Leeds fans are not exactly known as a jolly bunch of fun loving guys, they have quite a reputation in Europe. The Turks must have known this too, and they answered the call. Too bad people had to die over a friggin footballmatch, but it's nothing new anymore. That's why i prefer watching the game on TV these days. Nobody will throw bricks at me in my own livingroom.