Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2002, 12:42 PM   #31
myungbass
Manshoon

next time you get a call from an unavailable number, try saying things like:
petes crematorium, you kill em we grill em
or marthas mortuary, you stab em we slab em

i find it quite satisfying to mess with these leeches.

Operator: May i please speak to the head of the household?
Me: He left
O: Do you know when he will be back?
M: no i mean he left...he went to alaska for a business trip ::sniff::
and he hasn't been back yet
O:...
M: he was supposed to be back 3 months ago... HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE MY FATHER!!!!
O:umm...
M: have you ever been abandoned? He wasn't a great father to begin with, he always left the toilet seat up and uncapped the toothpaste
O: can i interest you in..
M: NO! No more words! Words are nothing! (familiar, no?:-p)
O: I'm sorry...
M: well i gotta go (off to the side hey dad! when are you leaving to go grocery shopping?
O: ::click::

try it sometime..its quite invigorating
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 11-11-2002, 12:55 PM   #32
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I always ask them to remove me from their list. I then let them know that I am on the "no call list" (which is usually untrue, as only certain states I've lived in have them, but it's quite scary for them, and they likely *will* remove you). Finally, I let them know that the Gramm Leach Bliley Financial Remodernization Act prohibits them from sharing any of my personal information with any other company, whether affiliated with them or not. This is also an unfairly expansive reading of the law, but they usually leave me alone soon thereafter.

I have followed this pattern for about 1 1/2 years now. Now, I get less than one a night.
Too hard to remember all that. I just pay $5 to verizon to block all calls that Caller ID shows as "Out of Area", it has been 100% for 3 months now, not a single telemarketer has gotten through. [img]smile.gif[/img]