Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2002, 11:50 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I took the mission from Oleff, and he gave me the letter.

I went to the tomb in the Penisula district found the book and artifacts. Oleff didn't seem interested in any of the items.

I meet a guy in the brothel who wanted me to betray Oleff. I refused and forced him to surrender a ink pen or something from one of the tomb workers. Oleff was interested in this.

After finishing the Peninsula district, I went to Blacklake. There I found the other tomb underground. The entrance was behind a bookcase in a house in the SW corner of the map. When trying to open the door it says something like, "this is an unusual mechanical lock,etc." No one could open it, so I saved it for later.

After finishing Blacklake, I moved on to the Docks were I found another door with the same message in the aquaducts.

Now I'm headed into the Beggar's Nest where the final tomb (according to the book I found) should be, appropriately enough, in the cemetary.

My question is this, have I missed something on the other two doors, or will I find something at this final tomb that will open them? In the book I found, there locations are listed in the opposite order I've followed.

If I'll figure it out on my own in the cemetary, just tell me so without listing any spoilers, but if I've missed anything, clue me in.

I'm at work, and it's bugging the crap out of me
Old 09-30-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
In the Blacklake bookcase, I talked to the girl there and she warned me not gto go in, but of course I did, and was confronted by like 4 wizards who killed me without any problem. I am a level 20 Dwarf with outragous weapons and the like.
Yes, Im a cheater! I think you need to talk to her, and she will open it for you. I am not sure about this for it has been a while since that happened. Hope this helps. Just be warned about those wizards!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:07 PM   #3
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

Did you keep the "Ceremonial" stuff you picked up in the first tomb in the Prison District?

If "Yes", take it with you to the other three tombs and open the chests outside the tomb doors, read the riddle on the piece of paper you find in the chest and figure out which piece to put in the chest. The item will disappear and if it is the correct item, the door will open.

PS: I saved the Blacklake tomb for last because the four Invisible Blade swinging crazies that attack you are tough. I took Linu and my 7th level Paladin character in there after sucking down every boosting potion I could find. They targeted Linu, she died in about 5 seconds, but I killed one and wounded another before they turned their attention to me. Several healing potions later, they were all dead.
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:26 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

ah....ha.......

I've been carrying around those torn clues wondering where they came from, and I do still have the ceremonial items, so I'm in good shape. I just need to pay more attention I guess
Old 10-01-2002, 07:43 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

That worked for me!

The tomb in the Docks was a breeze, but the Blacklake tomb....WOW!

That's the toughest battle, I've seen yet.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:29 PM   #6
Lord Shield

yeh that fight's a bugger - i let henchman/minions fight while i run across to other side of room. then i draw them out one by one
Old 10-01-2002, 04:53 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

One cheesey way to handle those elemental swords is to leave your henchman behind and use an invisibilty potion to run past the swords and grab the goodies and run back out. Of course you miss out on some nice xp that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote