Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 06:52 PM   #1
Thrawn
The Magister

Ive seen custom items and custom kits but i haven't seen many custom spells at all maybe 10 total that ive seen. where could i find some more custom spells? I just need them for ideas cause i'm working on a pack with hopfully 100 new custom spells but i need some IDEAS!
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
Haladar
Dungeon Master

I have some ideas (you might have them already)

Ice Arrow: lvl5
3D4 Ice damage
slow unless save vs spells
10% chance of freezing

Greater Magic Missile: lvl5
same as normal but each missile does 2D4+2 (twice as much as before)

----------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of The Holy Temple of Aerie
Haladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 03:28 PM   #3
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Ice Bolt lvl 4

1d6 cold damage per 2 lvl of caster
Paralyzes oponent if not save/spell whit a -1 penalty
Cleric 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 06:34 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Meteor lvl9(doesnt work yet, cant get the damage right. says 20 damage, not possible...)
60d10 fire, 10d10 magic damage
casting time 15

can someone get this to work?

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #5
Thrawn
The Magister

Whoa whoa, that casting time is long, maybe that's part of your problem the longest casting time ive seen to date is i think 9 or 10

and oh yeah what kind of moster are you testing it on, an moster with magic resistance like dragons? that is if you set the spells to be subjected to magic resistance. if not i don't have an clue i'll dupcate this spell myself and see if i get the same thing like you do.

Thanks for some of your idea, and yeah we could use some ice spells other than that ice rain thingy. Keep those ideas comeing! and if you find any website with some spells post it

[This message has been edited by Thrawn (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 10:10 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ok then, perhaps i should reduce the casting time to 10... a spell with a casting time of 8 or something works just fine, does a good 50 or so damage to different enemies too... thanks for your advice! an exchange of advice just took place

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 07:04 PM   #7
Thrawn
The Magister

The reason why 10 is the highest casting time in the game, is each round is equal to like 10 segment like 1/10 etc.. for spells, and attacks per rounds 10 is the max attacks per round you can get. and that would apply to spells to. cause i have never ever seen any spells higher than 9 casting time only saw one or two with 10 as casting time.

Just FYI a round in BG II is equal to 6 second real time.
Old 10-12-2001, 11:54 AM   #8
Greystone
The Magister

Perhaps an improved animate dead spell? I believe that at level 15, the critters that you raise are better than the standard skeletons...so maybe you could improve them again at like level 30 (that way only pure mages could get them, would not be available to kensai/mages etc).

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 06:26 PM   #9
Thrawn
The Magister

Hmm that's interesting, what would you sugrest for the level 30 undead, it outta to be something useful, perhaps bone golem which is enchanced a bit to make it more useful cause by the time youre 30 well there are lots of tough critters. i think the level 30 DEFENDLY SHOULD NOT BE A LICH. but maybe bonegolem or some other high level undead but no magic casters like liches or demilitches
Old 10-13-2001, 10:18 PM   #10
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn:
Hmm that's interesting, what would you sugrest for the level 30 undead, it outta to be something useful, perhaps bone golem which is enchanced a bit to make it more useful cause by the time youre 30 well there are lots of tough critters. i think the level 30 DEFENDLY SHOULD NOT BE A LICH. but maybe bonegolem or some other high level undead but no magic casters like liches or demilitches
some type of wraith lord maybe? or one of the more powerful mummies?

Prime
Prime2U is offline   Reply With Quote