Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2003, 12:26 PM   #61
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Isn't that Semper Fidelis or Semper Fi as the US marines say! Sorry about any mispelling. Latin isn't my strong suit.

edit: Damn! Can't even spell "or" right!

[ 04-09-2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 04-09-2003, 12:31 PM   #62
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Isn't that Semper Fidelis or Semper Fi as the US marines say! Sorry about any mispelling. Latin isn't my strong suit.

That's what I said wasn't it?

*whistles*
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 12:56 PM   #63
norompanlasolas

well, i dont know any latin. cv is how its commonly said here in spain. oh, and as far as i can tell, a smilie doesnt cover up the punches very well james. [img]smile.gif[/img] see, i even left you an example free of charge.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:02 PM   #64
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

*whistles*
Your killing me Donut!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 01:13 PM   #65
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
well, i dont know any latin. cv is how its commonly said here in spain. oh, and as far as i can tell, a smilie doesnt cover up the punches very well james. [img]smile.gif[/img] see, i even left you an example free of charge.

I insist that if you persist in misnaming me (accusing me of claiming to be both James Bond and Rambo) that you at least call me Jimbo or use my proper name. other wise I will have to decide that you are flaming me personally...as for punches [img]smile.gif[/img] I didn't feel a thing.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:15 PM   #66
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:

Luckily for me Im not a marine...though I have done some work with them...but believeit or not..the marines don't speak in latin most of the time either
Old 04-09-2003, 01:16 PM   #67
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Mel, Mel, Mel I never called all people who know latin names...I said I prefer to leave it to the eggheads...if you wish to pursue dead languages more power to you but I for one don't have the knack for it nor the interest...get over it already...hell the comment wasn't even made to you.
No, and the post you responded to wasn't made to YOU.
No need to tell me to get over it, I wasn't upset by what you said. Hence the light-heartedness of my reply about latin words - sheesh, I was just joking around. If you choose to believe people who know Latin are eggheads, I don't care - it's your loss, not mine.
For the record, I don't know any Latin other than what I've taught myself and picked up over the years - I am a student of the very much alive language that is your own mother tongue: English.
[/QUOTE]
Now that is something I didn't know...English is the mother tongue in Amsterdam?
I had no idea...well you live and learn [img]smile.gif[/img]

And just for the record...My reply to you had no invectives nor animosity either.

[ 04-09-2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 04-09-2003, 01:23 PM   #68
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

Now that is something I didn't know...English is the mother tongue in Amsterdam?
Here's where being a student of English comes in handy: when you need to explain a simple sentence to one of its native speakers. I said *your* own mother tongue, not mine. LOL!

Quote:

And just for the record...My reply to you had no invectives nor animosity either.
Nor did I suggest it did. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #69
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Quote:

Here's where being a student of English comes in handy: when you need to explain a simple sentence to one of its native speakers. I said *your* own mother tongue, not mine. LOL!

You know I read that twice and still thought you said "our" and not Your [img]smile.gif[/img] My apologies.. I actually thought I had learned something new too LOL

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2003, 01:31 PM   #70
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

You know I read that twice and still thought you said "our" and not Your [img]smile.gif[/img] My apologies.. I actually thought I had learned something new too LOL
'Fraid not...
Though of course most Amsterdam citizens do speak English, so if you'd ever visit here, theoretically speaking of course, it would be just like we *did* have English as our native language. [img]smile.gif[/img]