Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2001, 11:37 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What a steak! Whoa very very nice, a touch of home - ie. boomerangs and Aboriginal art and a corrective MacArthur map. Whooeee the steak kicked some serious bottom.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-11-2001, 11:39 PM   #2
trux

Their buffalo wings are also really really good.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-12-2001, 12:09 AM   #3
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yorick,
Are you still in the lower 48? I'm sorry I didn't reply to your email, I got it after we got back from Tannehill. How is your ex-wife doing? I hope things are better with her. My prayers are still going out for her, and for you.

IHN,
John

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 08-12-2001, 01:15 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick,

It's my favorite restaurant here in Denton...my wife and I go there when we want a great meal. And the waitstaff is the best! We're friends with most of them, which is more than I can say for any other restaurant. I'm also savvy enough to realize that it's not authentic Australian, but I do get a kick out of the funky motif!

Glad you enjoyed it, mate! My favorite dish there are the "Ribs on the Barbie".

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 01:48 AM   #5
Moni

Yummy yes, but guess what? I found a better steak house!
Sorry, they are a local place, you'll have to come to San Antonio to experience it...melt in your mouth steaks and desserts to absolutely die for!
(There's my first bid on your company here LOL...hey Sazerac and RudeDawg aren't so far away that we couldn't make a night of going to The Salt Grass!)
Tell him Saz, Texas should be in his agenda somewhere!

I'm glad you like The Outback and that you were really made to feel at home while you are so far away from your native ground. I have always wondered how authentic their atmosphere is.

------------------

Old 08-12-2001, 02:04 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! Yorick that's great. Now of course, you made me curious and I shall have to try the Outback in town. Glad you had a good meal and enjoyed the atmosphere!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 08-12-2001, 03:11 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Yummy yes, but guess what? I found a better steak house!
Sorry, they are a local place, you'll have to come to San Antonio to experience it...melt in your mouth steaks and desserts to absolutely die for!
(There's my first bid on your company here LOL...hey Sazerac and RudeDawg aren't so far away that we couldn't make a night of going to The Salt Grass!)
Tell him Saz, Texas should be in his agenda somewhere!

Hi, Moni!

Yep, we have a Saltgrass Steakhouse close to us (just south in Lewisville). It is great for steaks. I still love Outback, though, for the overall experience.

Just east of Denton is a local restaurant called "The Prarie House" which has the absolute "to die for" steaks in Texas. It also has a dinner theater there as well if you're into that sort of thing (and I've heard some great things about it.)

Dunno if Yorick's going to get to Texas, Moni...I think NY is next on his agenda. It'd be great if he was coming round here though!

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 07:55 AM   #8
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

The Outback is one of my favorite restaurants too! I have enjoyed everything I've eaten there, though I have to drive 5 hours to Minneapolis/St. Paul to be able to have a meal at one. My recommendation is to try their Margaritas ~ best ones I've ever tasted!! YUM!

I've often wondered what a 'real' Australian would think of the Outback, because as Sazerac said, it's not "genuine" Aussie food.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 08-12-2001).]
Old 08-12-2001, 08:04 AM   #9
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I love Outback. Their food has always been excellent. Their ribs are fantastic, prime rib is best I've had and their filets are mouth-watering. Their chicken is also great, so is the coconut shrimp. YUM!!! Love Outback!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 10:21 AM   #10
Conan

Yorick, I hope you washed it down with some good drink! If you ever get to Washington DC. let me know. Outback is very good. Smelling those steaks searing away...mmmmm im hungry now.We have a place here called Blackys house of beef. The owner raises his own Angus and serves them up in 3/4 inch(19mm) slices. The steak dissolves in your mouth on contact. Not much on the decor thow. Have fun!

------------------
*\Conan/*