Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 05:09 PM   #1
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I stumbled upon this ol' gem of a personality test in the general forum:

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/persona...sorder_test.mv

I could just have tried it on myself and posted it, but I thought I would try something a little different. What about testing the BG2 NPC's with it?

So I did answering the test for each character as they would answer if they were truthful. I skipped Valygar and Cernd though because I don't know them that well. I am also reluctant to deal with Yoshimo due to special(spoilerish) reasons.

First nutjob candidate: Edwin!

Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: Very High
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive/Compulsive: High

Not really any suprises here. Afterall Edwin is a pretty one-dimensional character. I would probably see Paranoid and Narcissistic as being his primary personality traits (even counting any good ones). Not your classical raving delusionist, but certainly very big nutjob candidate with so many Highs and Very Highs.

Let's try something different now: Minsc!

Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: Very High
Obsessive/Compulsive: Moderate

Given the common view that Minsc is a frothing lunatic he comes out remarkably sane in this test. Dependent is his very high and no wonder: He would probably dissolve completely should he ever be seperated from his guide and companion, the hamster Boo. Also he depended on Dynaheir and his task to protect her as his main reason of existence. His loss has certainly been traumatic. His relationship with Aerie also seems to be dominated by this trait. His high, histrionic is also quite obvious in his bravado and his view of himself as the greatest force of righteousness when guided by the infallible intellect of Boo.

Bring in the next basket case: Nalia!

Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Moderate
Histrionic: Very High
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: Moderate

The champion so far with three Very Highs, three Highs and no Lows at all. I know many of her highs and moderates can be attributed to immaturity and problematic family relations, but gee, I didn't expect this! Her idolization of her father might be a little off the hook (after all, the guy has a well-furnished torture chamber in his cellars). Still I am astonished.

Let's go on to good ol' whiny Jaheira:

Paranoid: High
Narcissistic: High

Remarkably sane in contrast to the general consensus un Jaheira as being not that well-adjusted. Her pattern is remarkably similar to Edwin's. Another character known to accuse everyone (but him/herself) of everything.

And what about sweet li'l pure Aerie!

Paranoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Avoidant: High
Dependent: High

Again this is a rather sane one. A typical "nice girl", but yet with some striking similarities to Minsc!

Let's get some thing a bit more meaty now: Anomen!

Borderline: Very High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Very High

Nalia, you have a contender! There are obviously many parallels between Anomen and Nalia. They both have trouble with their families. They both came from homes that were once well to do, but lost nearly all in some catastrophic incident and they both have grown disillusioned with the ideals of their parents. Still they turn out a bit different. Perhaps gender is a faction. Solid nutjob material with four whopping very highs three highs, but still a single low to flaw the picture.

Lets move over to something a bit more dangerous: Korgan!

Schizoid: Very High
Histrionic: Low
Obsessive/compulsive: Low

Gee, that was a lot of lows for a guy that has murder as his greatest hobby. Yet the ones that matters for the backstabbing evil bastards are in the high end. Narcissistic is also high, but since Korgan's trail of blood and terror can be viewed as nothing but a self-gratifying project this is not that suprising. His antisocial score is "only" high, but that might be because he still yearns for some social acceptance.

Let's go on to something a bit more refined: Viconia!

Obsessive/Compulsive: Low

Pretty average result. Her schizoid value can be argued since it might just as well be her trouble adapting to non-drow culture. The rest is quite typical for a drow. You can also say that she is paranoid with a good reason.

Whatabout our favourite professional freak: Jan!

Schizotypal: High

Probably the sanest guy so far and that's not that odd after all. All Jan's apparant strangeness might be facade, or simply gnomish nature. Hist antisocial score is high, but then again, Jan has little respect for anything or anyone. His moderate scores in Histrionic and Narcissistic might actually be a strength being the rapscallion and storyteller he is.

What about someone close to you: Your little sister Imoen!

Narcissistic: Low

Again a low one. Histrionic is high, but then again Imoen does put a lot of effort into appearing up-beat. Imoen does have a lot of mental stresses put upon her during BG2 but she reacts to them in a very healthy manner.

Eghh, that was boring, let's see if old stiff Keldorn can beat that!

What a boring old fogey! Narcissistic is not a suprise Keldorn being a paladin. It takes it's share of narcissism to set oneself up as a champion of righteousness. I would believe that it was his obsessiveness that was ripping his family apart, but it might also be a question of thirst for accolades and praise.

What about the little tiefling Haer'Dalis? They are usually not too well-adjusted.

Schizotypal: Very High
Dependent: Moderate

Ah, a bunch of Highs and Very Highs for once. Histrionic and Narcissistic are endemic to bardhood. Schizotypal is Very High too, but then again planars are quite something out of this world. His paranoid and antisocial scores might be the effect of his fiendish heritage.

And let's end this with beautiful little Mazzy!

As we can see it is the good old paladin virtues that sticks out here. Excessive narcissism, thirst for praise and an obsession with perfection! No real suprises here.