Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2002, 12:26 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah... just stopped before the final SoA-Boss Fight, because it was getting late. I am pretty sure that Dragons have been killed in several ways, such as swords, axes, spells, and even a Monk's fists.

But has anybody ever tried knocking out a Dragon with his bare fists? Suicidal? Maybe, but thanks to the wonderful world of magic, the insanity has been achieved.

Nizidramanii'yt, Better Luck Next Time.

Random Underdark Screenshots.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

I see you got yourself a new friend there, Dundee...
*points at the Iron Golem*

I told you Shapeshift isn't that bad! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:55 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I already knew Shapeshift was cheesy. Time Stop + Shapeshift:Mind Flayer anyone? However, I was relunctant to choose it because it meant not casting spells. It was only because when I was informed that PI illusions can use it to fight that I began to use it.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:02 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Time Stop -> Mind Flayer is so cheesy, it's not even fun (Seamon Havarian will agree, i think... )

"Iron Golemed" Projected Images, on the other hand, is much fun. The best summon, second only to Planetars. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:36 PM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Devour brain is great against non-magic users, but with magic-users its a tougher ballgame. Try devouring a lichs brain. So in order to devour a mages brain youll have to:
- cast time stop
- cast shapechange
- remove prot from mag weapons
- avoid MMM
- not get yourself killed

and all that in no specific order.

Quote:
Iron Golem - The best summon
One magical sword and you're in a world of pain. The improved liches actually used this against me.

[ 11-08-2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 11-08-2002, 03:46 PM   #6
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, how do you kill those Mordenkainen's Swords anyways? They seem to be immune to damage!!!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:30 PM   #7
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

They are immune to physical damage, however spells such as Magic Missle will make short work of them. They have about 36HP if I remember right.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:54 PM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
quote:
Iron Golem - The best summon
One magical sword and you're in a world of pain. The improved liches actually used this against me.[/QUOTE]Alson: Shapeshift - Iron Golem
Lich: Cast Mordenkainen's Sword - Lich
Alson: Shapeshift - Natural Form
Mordenkainen's Sword - Attacks Alson
Alson: Casts Skull Trap - Mordenkainen's Sword
Mordenkainen's Sword - Dead
Alson: Shapeshift - Iron Golem

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2002, 06:03 PM   #9
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Lich: Cast Mordenkainen's Sword - Lich
Alson: Shapeshift - Natural Form
Lich: Pickpocket Alson?
Mordenkainen's Sword - Attacks Alson
Alson: Casts IA+Skull Trap without recovering from Shapeshift?? - Mordenkainen's Sword
Mordenkainen's Sword - Dead
Lich: Caught off-guard by Alson for checking out lucious babe
Lich: Cast Improved Mantle again for the sake of having nothing else to do or maybe another Mag Sword, just to piss Alson off

I find this scenario to be unreal, Alson. It takes a whole round to recover from Shapshift, not to mention that physical attacks are useless against a lich/mage if you didnt remove its combat protection (waiting for 4 rounds for the mantles to wear of isnt progressive either) first, which eats up your rounds. Furthermore you'll want some protections in the air, because of his/her timestop followed by Meteor Swarm or ADHW and you must *activate* the shapechanges first, which is another round. (you couldnt have the shapechanges on unless you knew you were facing a tough battle)

PS: dont know how IA would actually fit in all of this cuz I dont have ToB
Old 11-08-2002, 11:42 PM   #10
The Lilarcor
Elminster

During the Quest with the hidden, when I faced his enemies, they conjured a Mordenkainen's Sword - to which it got petrified with a Chromatic Orb.