Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Dishnetwork (It's like DirectTV) is pulling our locals we've been getting since 1998. AGH! We live in Florida, but we were getting WNBC WABC WCBS (All the New York locals) and ALL West feeds as well--L.A and other California feeds for our TV. Well, LOVELY Congress passed a bill saying we can't have them if we can locally get them..

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will miss all my 'local' friends at WNBC N.Y!

I will also loose the ability to watch something on eastcoast, then if something is on another channel at the same time, I can just set the VCR for the west coast feed. UGH!

Well, we CAN get our 'real' locals but ugh. I liked my New Yorker channels. I THINK I can get my locals and ONE EXTRA set of locals.. I dunno if I want to get Tampa, FL AND N.Y. (2 East coast feeds) or if I should get Tampa and L.A (So I can have a west cost feed).

What is funny is I don't watch much TV.. lol. I like the 'Dateline' and 20/20.. and Watch FOX News and MSNBC.. other than that, I watch the following and that is it:

ER
THIRD WATCH
TREK SHOWS
STARGATE SG-1 (Showtime)
Survivor (Groan--for my wife mainly)
Fear Factor
Um.. and something else. forget now. must not be important huh?

I COULD (COULD) Buy a 'hacked smartcard', but I won't.

I think that is why 9.11.2001 effected me so deeply--I watched New York local news every morning, and every morning, you would see the Twin Towers.. I can't look at that skyline now without cringing.

Any of you own Dishnetwork? What shows do you like?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-08-2002, 09:07 PM   #2
Arvon
Unicorn

It was your local,local that pussed that through. That's so you will watch the commericals....
I have Dishnetwork, but I live in a 'fringe area' and get a waver. Just remember it's democracy in action...

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 04-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I am fortunate enough to get DirecTV with Tivo. So i get all west coast, east coast, and HBO channels. ahh it is a good life. Just dont take away my cartoon network, what would i do without DragonBall Z?
Old 04-08-2002, 09:14 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Survivor (Groan--for my wife mainly)
Uh-huh sure Z, can I drill you about this?

Also I know people with the hacked cards, they work for a few months but then they start getting zapped all the time
Old 04-08-2002, 11:13 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Don't you just love it? Well I've got Time Warner cable, myself so all I can commisserate with is the fcc blackouts which we have alot.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:35 PM   #6
MagiK

Congress needs to keep its hands out of local issues like this, they need to get back to their real job of Infrastructure, Defense, Education and foreign policy......*sigh* I suppose you DO have to admit that this would fall under "Inter-state commerce" damn..but I wish they would let the market determine these things and not local special interest groups

Old 04-09-2002, 03:05 PM   #7
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Lol didn't know about this upcoming problem I too have dishnetwork and enjoy both my west and east coast feeds. Show i like are Stargate [img]smile.gif[/img] Jerimia (its on right after sg-1) Toonami from Cartoon Network and the saturday cartoons on fox and WPN [img]tongue.gif[/img]