Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
Janus
Dungeon Master

HELP, only 11 days left untill christmas and i havent told my parents i want anything yet! the problem is i have EVERYTHING i could possibly ever want. I could just tell my parents i dont want anything but then it wouldent feel the same as all my other Christmas holidays and it will be really boring. Can anyone recommend anything good that i shouls ask my for? As ive been playing Baldurs Gate 2 for so long ive fogoten all my interests, anyone like to dictate any good things to me? i thought about getting some new games for my p.c. but ive lost track of whats good? any recommendations?

If your just looking through this forum and cant be bothered to read all the above, the idea of this post is the topic :

WHAT SHOULD I GET FOR CHRISTMAS?
\"Freedom can only be gained through the barrel of a shotgun\"<br />Mao Tse-Tung<p>The Workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!\"<br />Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
Old 12-14-2001, 03:19 PM   #2
Waluin

I'd recommend an X-Box and a copy of HALO, the premier launch title for it made by Bungie, one of the finest grassroots-to-success video game companies in the industry.
\'Some vices miss what is right because they are deficient, others because they are excessive, in feelings or in actions, while virtue finds and chooses the mean.\'<P>Aristotle <BR>\"Nichomachean Ethics\"
Old 12-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

You can never have everything.

How new is your computer? You could always upgrade that. Get a new GF3 Ti500 Video card, get a new processor, get some more ram. Get a bigger monitor - a 22" flat screen or a HDTV Plasma screen for a monitor would be nice... Do you have a DVD-RW? Do you have a digital camera?

Is there anything you want done to your car? Tint it out, throw some flow masters on there... Get some rims...

Get into a nice home theatre setup. If you get that Plasma TV you could set up a completely digital Home entertainment system. Get some nice Harmon Kardon or Nakamichi receiver and some Polk speakers. Run optical audio cable from dvd to receiver and 1080i from receiver to TV.

OK, I need to stop because I just got myself a little too excited here.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-14-2001, 03:27 PM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Books, lots and lots of books. Oh yes, a X-box too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 03:32 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

I know what you mean. My wishlists tend to be rather short as well. Not because I have everything, but because I don't feel I need much more, excluding some things not fit for wishlists (due to high prizes).

But fantasy books are always a good choice, except that you'll be buying sequels for the rest of the year [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have you read Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind yet?
Old 12-14-2001, 03:34 PM   #6
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

A TV
It's expensive, but not too expensive.
It's long-lasting.
It's fun, and you can enjoy it for a very long time [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 03:34 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
I know what you mean. My wishlists tend to be rather short as well. Not because I have everything, but because I don't feel I need much more, excluding some things not fit for wishlists (due to high prizes).

But fantasy books are always a good choice, except that you'll be buying sequels for the rest of the year [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have you read Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind yet?

Yes!! Read Goodkind! I loved wizards first rule. This just made me think about getting an E-Book reader. They look like a folder but they have a big Active matrix screen inside and a CF reader that you can copy ebooks to and read on the go.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-14-2001, 03:39 PM   #8
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
You can never have everything.

How new is your computer? You could always upgrade that. Get a new GF3 Ti500 Video card, get a new processor, get some more ram. Get a bigger monitor - a 22" flat screen or a HDTV Plasma screen for a monitor would be nice... Do you have a DVD-RW? Do you have a digital camera?

Is there anything you want done to your car? Tint it out, throw some flow masters on there... Get some rims...

Get into a nice home theatre setup. If you get that Plasma TV you could set up a completely digital Home entertainment system. Get some nice Harmon Kardon or Nakamichi receiver and some Polk speakers. Run optical audio cable from dvd to receiver and 1080i from receiver to TV.

OK, I need to stop because I just got myself a little too excited here.

Gee, milbamer, you sure like plasma. LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 03:40 PM   #9
Janus
Dungeon Master

Well i dont have a car because im too young (im 15). I dont think i have everything but i really feels that way as i dont know what i want to get. What the hell is an X-box, what does it do? sounds like something to connect to a T.V. to get extra channels or something im guessing. Something like a home theatre might be good like you said as there will be lots of good stuff to watch over the holiday. As for stuff to unpdate my p.c. i dont think will be neccecary as i dont think it will be needed at the current rate of p.c. game flow into my house as i dont play F.P.S or any game so graphical, on that topic are you normally into games for p.c. as i dont have many and that was one thing i was concidering. Any sujestions on R.P.G?
\"Freedom can only be gained through the barrel of a shotgun\"<br />Mao Tse-Tung<p>The Workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!\"<br />Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
Old 12-14-2001, 03:43 PM   #10
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Ask for books of Terry Pratchett, and the disworld games too

EDIT: WOOHOO my 1000th post