Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 01:29 PM   #31
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:

And you can stop picking on me too! Honestly, what did I do to deserve this?
Nevah!

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Emerald Dragoness of DOTW
Incorrigible Redsox Fan
Unsuspecting Victim of one of Jerome and Rikard's Plots
Old 10-28-2001, 01:30 PM   #32
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
THAT must have been why he always gets angry when I call him Old Man.
Oh gosh, not you too! Oh, someone help meee!

Old 10-28-2001, 01:31 PM   #33
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
It was merely a figure of speech, you cheeky elflet
Of course, of course it was... *sniggers behind her hand*
Well, granny... I mean Alex!!, I swear, glad you had a good day in my birthtown...which shops did you go? *cough*de Miss Etam?*cough*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-28-2001, 01:35 PM   #34
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Of course, of course it was... *sniggers behind her hand*
Well, granny... I mean Alex!!, I swear, glad you had a good day in my birthtown...which shops did you go? *cough*de Miss Etam?*cough*

Right, that's it! No more mister (missus?) nice Alex! I went to Waterstone's and the American Book store. I was not buying women's clothes! You're very nasty today Mellie and if it doesn't stop I'll have to, er, well, do something!

Old 10-28-2001, 01:37 PM   #35
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Right, that's it! No more mister (missus?) nice Alex! I went to Waterstone's and the American Book store. I was not buying women's clothes! You're very nasty today Mellie and if it doesn't stop I'll have to, er, well, do something!

Better watch out Mel, he's going to do.... Something! What a horrible fate that awaits you!
Old 10-28-2001, 01:42 PM   #36
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

Oooh, like what? Are ye gonna hit me with your walking cane, huh, huh?
Uh-oh... I need to be more careful...taunting people on the other side of the ocean isn't so risky, but if you're gonna taunt someone who just visited your own city today, you better make sure you have good locks on the doors
Besides, if I'm not mistaken I'm actually older than you, right? Guess at 21 that makes ME an old hag

Actually those are two of my favourite places too - I love ABC because I get a discount as a student. Did you go to the basement or the second/third floor? I usually am in the basement (fiction) but the second floor (fantasy/SF) is cool too, they have so much great stuff (bought my copy of Throne of Bhaal there).
Waterstone's is such a BEAUTIFUL shop - but they're so expensive I often go there to torture myself though
Next time you go shopping, you should try to go on a Friday - there's a nice bookmarket near Waterstone's (op het Spui) then, with some stalls with very good selections - and not too high priced either.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-28-2001, 01:51 PM   #37
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Oooh, like what? Are ye gonna hit me with your walking cane, huh, huh?
Uh-oh... I need to be more careful...taunting people on the other side of the ocean isn't so risky, but if you're gonna taunt someone who just visited your own city today, you better make sure you have good locks on the doors
Besides, if I'm not mistaken I'm actually older than you, right? Guess at 21 that makes ME an old hag

Actually those are two of my favourite places too - I love ABC because I get a discount as a student. Did you go to the basement or the second/third floor? I usually am in the basement (fiction) but the second floor (fantasy/SF) is cool too, they have so much great stuff (bought my copy of Throne of Bhaal there).
Waterstone's is such a BEAUTIFUL shop - but they're so expensive I often go there to torture myself though
Next time you go shopping, you should try to go on a Friday - there's a nice bookmarket near Waterstone's (op het Spui) then, with some stalls with very good selections - and not too high priced either.

You are older than me, I'm 17 so I guess that does make you an old, er, elf I love ABC too, and I'm usually in the basement. I used to be on the first floor a lot of the time, because when I was younger I used to be into Warhammer figurines, so that was my walhalla And I've been to that book market a few times, it's certainly a good idea if you don't want to spend everything you have in Waterstone's. That store is very expensive, as you say. I bought a book there today, 40 euro's for a little thing I needed for school. Geez.... I'm only going back in there once I win the lottery

Old 10-28-2001, 01:58 PM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
You are older than me, I'm 17 so I guess that does make you an old, er, elf I love ABC too, and I'm usually in the basement. I used to be on the first floor a lot of the time, because when I was younger I used to be into Warhammer figurines, so that was my walhalla And I've been to that book market a few times, it's certainly a good idea if you don't want to spend everything you have in Waterstone's. That store is very expensive, as you say. I bought a book there today, 40 euro's for a little thing I needed for school. Geez.... I'm only going back in there once I win the lottery
Ooh - it's always been my dream to win the lottery and then walk in there and casually tell the bookseller: Alright, how much for the lot?
Wow - 40 euro?? Schoolbooks can be soooo expensive - Had to by the two volume Norton Anthology of English Literature for 110,- guilders a volume
Luckily, in my case, my studybooks are ones that I am glad to have anyway, and plan to keep and read.
Oops - my bad - I meant the FIRST floor of course...you'll have to blame it on my age that I'm getting just a teensy bit forgetful, uhh... Kees? No, that wasn't it...Gert?

Hey - did they still have the complete OED in the basement for less that a thousand guilders?? My boyfriend's considering buying it - I keep telling him he's crazy - we don't even have room for it in our little student's flat...but it sure is tempting!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-28-2001, 02:07 PM   #39
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Ooh - it's always been my dream to win the lottery and then walk in there and casually tell the bookseller: Alright, how much for the lot?
Wow - 40 euro?? Schoolbooks can be soooo expensive - Had to by the two volume Norton Anthology of English Literature for 110,- guilders a volume
Luckily, in my case, my studybooks are ones that I am glad to have anyway, and plan to keep and read.
Oops - my bad - I meant the FIRST floor of course...you'll have to blame it on my age that I'm getting just a teensy bit forgetful, uhh... Kees? No, that wasn't it...Gert?

Hey - did they still have the complete OED in the basement for less that a thousand guilders?? My boyfriend's considering buying it - I keep telling him he's crazy - we don't even have room for it in our little student's flat...but it sure is tempting!

OED? Sorry, I have no idea what that is. And nothing in that store is worth a thousand guilders! Your boyfriend is crazy

Btw, I love the cinemas in Amsterdam too, really atmospheric, dontchathink?

Old 10-28-2001, 02:11 PM   #40
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
OED? Sorry, I have no idea what that is. And nothing in that store is worth a thousand guilders! Your boyfriend is crazy

Btw, I love the cinemas in Amsterdam too, really atmospheric, dontchathink?
The Oxford English Dictionary, you ninny! I thought you wanted to study English?? It's about 23 volumes, so yes, it really costs about 900 guilders (which is a HUGE bargain, as it's normally at least 3000 or 4000 guilders! )

Ooh yes, the cinemas are lovely! My favourites are Tuchinsky and the Movies... ever been to either of those? Too bad the Tuchinsky is temporarily closed...
BTW, where do you live anyway? Are you near Amsterdam?

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art