Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 06:08 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The wife rented this for us last night. We thought it was pretty good, but I thought Final Fantasy was a D&D game? Wasn't it a whole series of D&D games? Am I confusing it with something else?

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-27-2001, 06:09 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Yes, you are confusing it with something eles. There was a slew of video games, but not D&D oriented.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-27-2001, 06:10 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Final Fantasy is not D&D, never was, never will be, I'm currently playing FF3 and let me say this, it's a wierd combination of magic and technology that you wouldn't believe.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:24 PM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

FF is NOT D&D! It is a bunch of RPGs (for NES, SNES, PSX and also PS2), but not D&D!

And well, none of the games has acctually nothing to do with each other. All the characters are different, the story is different, the world is different and so on.
The only thing that returns in each game, is some character with the name Cid (spelled Sid in the movie by some wierd reason) and a spieces of big birds called chocobos (Bobby Corwen is one of them). They didn't show up in the film, unfortually

Well, since none of the games has anything to do with each other, the film need not. It is a completly new story, with new characters and new foes.
Just too bad the movie wasn't that great, since most of the games are Well, I guess Sakaguchi, who is used to make 30h+ games, couldn't do a 2h movie.

If you would like to try some FF-game out, dowload a SNES-emulator, and FF3/6. You won't be disapointed!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 10-27-2001, 07:29 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hey Istaron, i hope that Bobby Corwen is a gold chocobo, cause your gonna need a really fast ride! Seven is the best man!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness
The self-proclaimed 'Internet Pimp'
King of the understatement!
Old 10-27-2001, 07:37 PM   #6
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hey Istaron, i hope that Bobby Corwen is a gold chocobo, cause your gonna need a really fast ride! Seven is the best man!

Hell yes! Nothing beats the seventh game! It doesn't matter how many times I play it, it never gets dull.
The story, the characters, , th music, the grahpic... everything is perfect!
Hmm, maybe I should go play it...

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 10-27-2001, 08:56 PM   #7
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 3 (6 in JPN) are the best!!!!!

[This message has been edited by GokuZool (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 09:40 PM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Seven's one of the best... in my opinion is the best in the FF series... and has the best Villain

Final Fantasy is not at all DnD... it has its own rules and regulations that of course similar to DnD... but I have to say Final Fantasy is one of the best RPG series out there compared to some...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.