Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 09:34 PM   #1
Tom
Elminster

Ok when I bought BG1 last christmas, when I was in ch3 i heard faerun?

Then I got Bg2 and heard faerun in Adventure Mart?

What the HELL is Faerun!?

I know probably all of you know what it is.

I even checked the manual twice!
Old 05-13-2001, 09:46 PM   #2
onthepequod
Quintesson

From the BG I manual:

A land of magic and adventure Faerun is a continent hugging a larger world, which in turn is the third world of eight orbiting a centeral sun.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2001, 09:56 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Faerun is a continent in the northern hemisphere of the world of Abeir-Toril. It is where the BG adventure takes place. The Sword Coast is the western coast of this continent. To the north are the towns of Luskan and Icewind Dale, as well as what is known as the North, cities like Silverymoon, Nesme and Sundabar. South of Luskan lies Waterdeep, then Baldurs Gate, followed by the nations of Amn, Tehyr and Calimshan and on to the jungles of Chult to the extreme south.

There is a large desert just east of the Sword Coast, it’s called the Anauroch Desert, where the ancient human kingdom of Netheril used to be. Just south-southeast of that desert are what are called the Heartlands of Faerun, comprised of places like the Dales, Zhentil Keep, Cormyr, Sembia and the other cities of the Innersea and the Dragonreach. Further east of this lie the lands of Rashemen, Thay, Aglarond and Thesk. Further east are the Oriental kingdoms of Kara-Tur, separated from the west by vast steppes. To the extreme south of Faerun, far to the east of Chult is the magical land of Halruaa, founded by wizards who fled the fall of Netheril about 4000 years ago.

There are a couple of other land masses in Toril. Zakhara is to the south, as is Maztica (more to the southwest).

Have I left anything out?

------------------
Old 05-13-2001, 10:08 PM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
never played DND tom?
Old 05-13-2001, 11:13 PM   #5
CG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You're all geeks.
Old 05-13-2001, 11:15 PM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Ut-oh,here that Memoch?
Old 05-13-2001, 11:36 PM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by CG:
You're all geeks.
I feel some hostility in the air. Because we know about the land that these games and books are set in thata makes us geeks than so be it! I personally dont think that but if you cant hack the fact that some people take more interest in the world they are playing in or reading abou then you dont belong in this thread

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-13-2001, 11:43 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

CG, you don’t need to get involved in threads that don’t interest you, and I don’t appreciate you giving pointless BS comments that don’t add value to the discussion. This is a Baldurs Gate forum and AD&D discussion is what this is about.

Don't like this thread? DON'T POST IN IT.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-14-2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 12:33 AM   #9
Pennance
The Magister

Well..I guess CG is right because I'm a pathetic geek. Its sad, but I know more about Faerun than I do actual history. So I guess CG is right! ; )
Old 05-14-2001, 12:35 AM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennance:
Well..I guess CG is right because I'm a pathetic geek. Its sad, but I know more about Faerun than I do actual history. So I guess CG is right! ; )
Yeah but that does not make you a geek. I mean so Faerun is a lot more interesting then our history anyway And hey go say hi in GD!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."