Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 09:12 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day

I was buying some boots that gave me a plus one to constitution, but when worn they made no differance to my HP. Does this only work at level up time? If no benifit to HP does it affect any other factor?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #2
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Constitution: Constitution represents the health and stamina of
your character. High Constitution increases the number of hit
points a character has (affecting how much damage they can
take), and this makes it important for everyone, but especially so
for fighters. If Constitution ever increases, hit points increase
retroactively as well. Spell-casters also need strong Constitution to
keep their spells from being interrupted during combat.

You must remember it normally takes two points in something to get a bonus. Check the chart on page 72 in the manual. I bet with two points your HP would go up.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Constitution affects how healthy your character is, thus governing checks against disease and anything physically based.

It does not affect spellcasting checks - that's concentration.

Your Consitution will max out after adding 10 magical points to your base. So if you have a con of 15 you max out at 25, after this no more HP will be attained. As you go higher towards you max it takes more points to gain a HP benefit.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

I could be wrong on this but I think that you only get a permanent bonus to Hp when you level up based on your base CON (even numbers) and not from any temporary bouns. In any case you should get a bonus to your fort. saves if your CON is an even number.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #5
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

UM SpiritWarrior I copied the info on Constitution straight from the PDF I have of the NWN guide that comes with the game. I figured that is how Bioware made it. Hence why the formatting is so funky. Just copy paste thing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stratos I agree but you can get bonuses for wearing things that increase your Constitution. When you take them off the bonus goes with it. I could be wrong though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Old 09-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah the PDF is wrong then I guess. Con has no bearing on ASF.

Confirmed Stratos, you cannot benefit from any kind of magical con enhancement while leveling up. If this was the case the max HP would be easily exceeded thus creating a terrible exploit.

Edit: As of 1.30 con maxes out at +12.

[ 09-03-2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-03-2003, 05:36 PM   #7
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

OK I am at work so I can not test this all the way through. I made a ring that bumpped your Con up 10 points. I picked the default Barbarian character that comes with NWN. His Con is 14 I think. His HP is also 14. I put on the ring and his HP goes to 18. I take off the ring his HP goes back to 14. So yes if an item has a bonus to Con it does increase your HP. It just has to be atleast 2 points of Con to do this.

This test was done with NWN running patch 1.31 without SOU installed.

Granamere
Old 09-03-2003, 05:55 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Granamere:
So yes if an item has a bonus to Con it does increase your HP. It just has to be atleast 2 points of Con to do this.

This test was done with NWN running patch 1.31 without SOU installed.

Granamere
HA ha! That would explain why my HP did not go up, as it was just a single bonus point.

Thankyou. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Well if you original score was 13 and the point bumpped you to 14 you should get the added HP or 15 and the point bumpped you to 16 etc.

Granamere
Old 09-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #10
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

It is new under Acrobat Reader 6.0. It is free from adobe. It does have to be a text field still. You click on the "Select Text" Icon on the top. Highlight what you want. Copy then paste. You can also get on of those pdf to txt converters but they are a pain!

Granamere