Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 09:21 PM   #11
The X
Dungeon Master

Greetings USS,
Just got the game yesterday, stayed up the whole night experimenting with the game's interface and a couple chaptes of the Single player campaign.I gotta admit that I'm actually liking it alot!!
If you're having problem with the command buttons then I suggest you could try to use the short cut keys. There's quite a handful of them at the bottom of the screen and they are pretty helpful. Especially for my rogue character. The possible reason why I'm enjoying it so much is probably the fact that a rogue is so kewl to play....trap setting, disarming trap, marking them out and even recover them to be used as your own!

Personally, I think I started liking the game the moment I created my Rogue character. Hee.....
Old 06-28-2002, 10:01 PM   #12
Recluse
Dungeon Master

I know this is extremely off topic, but when i got done reading uss's post i unconciously pressed the back arrow on my keyboard to try and "zoom out" to read the next reply.. lol, sad thing is its true.

More on topic stuff::

I think a lot of chapter 1 (mostly the begining) is the most boring part of the game(of course im only in chapter 2 now so i really dont know).. Once i got going in the game I just got more and more into it...
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 11:19 PM   #13
Djinn Raffo
Ra

i love this game! But after playing it a bit i admit i was disappointed with a few aspects of it...The one henchman thing kind of blew me away...

I dont know if it was unjustified of me to think it or not but i had the impression that, in single player, you would have a party of up to six. I am now seeing the good side of this as having only yourself to worry about takes away those long long potion guzzling, barkskin blessing sessions that plagued bg2...

I am starting to get disappointed in the weapons available...i'm in chapter 2 right now and my +1 longsword has sliced alot of flesh. In this aspect i hope Neverwinter turns out to be a bit more like bg2, loaded with tonnes of cool named items...

All in all though...im betting that as people get better and learn to use the toolset to its fullest capabilities that mods and multi will keep this game as fresh as it is right now playing it the first time through...
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 11:36 PM   #14
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Heh USS, I feel your pain. My heart sank and my jaw when i realized that you can't have more than one NPC. What the heck is that all about? I'm the type of person who needs total control, and when little Tomi Undergallows runs right up to a toughie gets killed it makes me mad! I can't even control his movements, or give him better items to use.

I WOULD comepletly agree with Ziroc and give this game a 10 out of 10, but it's the fact that I have no control over my henchman that makes me want to give it an 8.5. So far it reminds me of Diablo, only with better graphics, better plot, more items and spells. Hopefully it will get better as it goes along, i just finished chapter 1 and i can remember back at how bored i was with the begining of BG1 but later fell in love with the game.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:53 AM   #15
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Same complaints here also sick of Tomi running around like a 3 yr old never no where that damn boy is!!But if he dies and you "rock" back he's there waiting for you all healed up.(that seems kinda strange though).I'm still wondering when I get to use my skills more.Elf Ranger,chaotic good..just need a dire cat and I'm set...John
Old 06-29-2002, 06:51 AM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

This game remind me so much of dungeon siege and I really hate this game combat style. so I replay and replay new games countless times ( should be 7 times now ) and I found out the fighter is suitable for this combat style.

until now I couldn't stop playing.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 10:37 AM   #17
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
*sigh* i played this game till i got out of the whole big academy but i still didnt find it to my liking. i dont know why.. maybe because its got too many special skills, feats, spells and stuff.. but most of you are jumping up and down, saying how good this game is. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
At which point did you start liking it? it would be really sad if i would never like NwN AT ALL
About two and one-half years ago or so... When the development became publicly known... [img]smile.gif[/img]

In preparation for this game, I bought the entire PnP rulebook set, knowing that the computer game wouldn't be exactly the same, but to familiarize myself with the massive changes in the core rules of DnD. After I finish this campaign, I'll be dusting off an old world I made and DM'd for about 4 years in the 2nd ADD universe. It'll take a complete re-write on the NPC side but I spent weeks and weeks writing that world and have drug it on five moves.

It would have sucked if the game wasn't any good (looked bad, buggy, too many compromises, etc.), but this game has actually exceeded my expectations.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 11:16 AM   #18
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Well...I just bought the game last thursday evening.
I was worried about how it would work out. After hearing that BG2 was supposed to be 3E rules (only partially) then that IWD was supposed to be 3E rules (again only in partial), I was getting disappointed.
But, being a 3E player and playtester I was fairly happy at first glance.
I haven't noticed more than a few things that have been tweaked. Mostly it is 3E. Surprise surprise. I personally like the combat style, it's kinda neat to actually see my fighter dodge and manuever around without me having to tell him where to go. The character creation and interfaces seem to be a cross between BG, Diablo, Pool of Radiance and BGark Alliance for the PS2. Kinda neat actually since I was familiar with the interfaces the minute I saw them. That's a big plus for me as I hate having to read a rule book to find out how to access my items or use them. As far as not controlling the NPC, well, being a PnP player/DM you never have much control over them anyway. takes their safety off my mind.

So as Z says...10 for 10 so far. I haven't done much yet in the core, but I am looking foreward to it.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 11:31 AM   #19
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Same complaints here also sick of Tomi running around like a 3 yr old never no where that damn boy is!!But if he dies and you "rock" back he's there waiting for you all healed up.(that seems kinda strange though).I'm still wondering when I get to use my skills more.Elf Ranger,chaotic good..just need a dire cat and I'm set...John
If you right-click on Tomi, there are a slew of options to choose from on how to control him. There are also ways to control him by just talking with him. If he's running around to much into combat for your taste, have him use missile weapons only. If you don't want to do that, then just select GUARD ME or STAY PUT or just right click on him and click FOLLOW ME to have him come back to you. Use the SPACE BAR when you are in combat to give you time to do this actions on him.
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 05:16 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Ever since I saw Aribeth de Tylmarande... bwahahaha

But then ever since I started, I was loving it... but then since I have a boosted system a bit I have it now in Full install and now I REALLY love it... Sharwyn rocks...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote