Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #31
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I cannot compete with your knowledges.
Sorry if I offended anyone, I will not debate this anymore [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 04:36 PM   #32
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
Do you not think about how this looks, all you americans?
It seems to me that all americans have violence on their brains, and fail to see that violence feeds violence.

Menings like that are so unecessary. What do you mean? That you're happy a country can have enough firepower to destroy the whole world?
That you are happy a country can say they have the right to do anything they like, just because they can kill everyone?

It's not about just USA having no defense, it's about working towards a missile-free world.
And this treaty is a giant leap in the right direction.

i didnt say enough to blow up the world, America isnt after world domination. im simply saying that we need to make sure that we can deal with the new types of threat. i agree that we waste alot of money on the military. that new F22 Raptor was NOT needed. i dont see a problem with a new ANTI MISSLE SYSTEM!!! its not like we are creating a new missle or something, just a system to stop them from reaching our soil IF someone tried to strike. offense, i can see people crying over, defense, that is dumb.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 12-14-2001, 05:15 PM   #33
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:

No problem with you stating your point of view ReGiN, everyone is entitled, so No Worries [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2001, 09:58 PM   #34
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Wow MagiK you seem very educated on the matter. I had no idea that we could track neutron emissions from space.

Hehehe depends on the amount of neutron leakage [img]smile.gif[/img] also depends on what you call space....personally I dont condsider the low orbits some of these birds are at to be "space"

One of the things working FOR us and AGAINST the terrorists, is the fact that to make a device that has critical mass, you are going to have a minimum weight, and unless your messanger wants to be dead from the radiation before he gets to where he is going..he has to have a certain amount of shielding material....there is no one thing that makes this hard for terrorists to do, there are many many variables...note I didnt say it was impossible....just hard.

Old 12-14-2001, 10:00 PM   #35
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Signed at Moscow May 26, 1972
Ratification advised by U.S. Senate August 3, 1972
Ratified by U.S. President September 30, 1972
Proclaimed by U.S. President October 3, 1972
Instruments of ratification exchanged October 3, 1972
Entered into force October 3, 1972

The 1972 treaty was further modified in 1974...

Signed at Moscow July 3, 1974
Ratification advised by U.S. Senate November 10, 1975
Ratified by U.S. President March 19, 1976
Instruments of ratification exchanged May 24, 1976
Proclaimed by U.S. President July 6, 1976
Entered into force May 24, 1976

By exiting the treaty, we are not "breaking" the treaty. The treaty gives either nation the right to vacate the treaty with 6 months notice to the other. Today we gave notice.

Thanks B-Man..I knew that I recalled a problem with ratification but on further thought I think this was the SALT II talks....got that mixed up with the ABM thingy [img]smile.gif[/img] I hate getting older [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheesh what will I be like when I get to be 60?

Old 12-14-2001, 10:02 PM   #36
MagiK

quote:

Debate is not the problem, its when you make assumptions about things..and I don't blame you, I blame our media...they skew things to be exciting and controvertial and to hell with the facts, then half the world takes misinformation from the media to be fact...it is very sad and I am totally disappointed in the media for their dumbing things down so far that the truth is lost

Old 12-14-2001, 10:10 PM   #37
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:

i didnt say enough to blow up the world, America isnt after world domination. im simply saying that we need to make sure that we can deal with the new types of threat. i agree that we waste alot of money on the military. that new F22 Raptor was NOT needed. i dont see a problem with a new ANTI MISSLE SYSTEM!!! its not like we are creating a new missle or something, just a system to stop them from reaching our soil IF someone tried to strike. offense, i can see people crying over, defense, that is dumb.

Morgan, don't you think it is a bit silly for this country to be flying plane designs that date from 1960? The F-15, F-14 and others were conceived in the 60's and fielded in the 70's with the advent of new materials and breakthroughs in avionics and electronics, we see that each fighter will cost more to make...but far less to maintain...you do not want to know what spare parts for planes made in the 70's cost to make in todays economy, you have to upgrade some time...I think that over all the raptor program was handled pretty well, and that the tax payers will get their moneys worth....I will note that the one "modern" fighter in our inventory the FA-18 Hornet was a rather bad deal for the tax payer...they went cheap on it and as a result we got a fighter that was a mediocre fighter and an attack plane that was a mediocre attack plane..this was so bad that they had to go back and refit the plane at huge costs to turn it into the "Super Hornet" which is a decent enough platform but ended up making the tax payer pay twice for the same plane. While the Raptor may not have the urgency of previous fighters with no other Super Power out there...the length of time it takes to get a fighter into service means you have to field new equipment at some point....or you run the risk of not having the right tool when it is needed....you need to have these things ready before you NEED to use them. hehe can anyone tell Im totaly into this military hardware thing? heheheh

Old 12-14-2001, 10:18 PM   #38
MagiK

Just a PS. All the info I have discussed in this thread is available in the public domain, you just have to have an interest and a will to track some of it down [img]smile.gif[/img]