Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 11:52 PM   #1
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi! I'm just curious if its at all feasible for the moderator/s of these quite outstanding message boards to provide downloadable, printer-friendly, and comprehensive New Starter/Refresher orientation kit (not really a kit, something downloadable and printable) for newbies as well as not so newbies like me. Frankly I'm getting sick of not being really able to use many of the UBB codes (like nice smileys and other perks). After 20 or so postings, I'm still limited to the simple smiley...
The kit might include the terms of conduct (quite necessary I think), UBB code refresher/orientation, summed up history of the boards, other small facts and interesting features, etc. It could be in .pdf, .doc, or whatever format so long as it's printer friendly.

I don't know, that may help. In fact, if any moderator could send me such info through my mail, I'd be more than happy to compile it for these boards.

Comments please, this is just a suggestion that's all.... There I go again.

Note: This post is originally from the SoA board, until someone so kindly informed me that the GenCon would be a better place to post this. Thanks 250!

[This message has been edited by mans (edited 10-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mans (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 01:01 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The link to the Smilies' index can be found to the right of the reply post window, and can be accessed here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/NonCGI/smilies.html

The link to UBB code can also be found to the right of the reply post window, and can be accessed here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/NonCGI/ubbcode.html

The Terms of Service Agreement was presented to you when you first signed up. You can read it at any time by clicking the register link at the top of each forum page...just don't click the "I Agree" button since you're already a member. You can access it here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...i?action=agree

As far as the history of the board, et al, that's up to Ziroc and some of our older members. Ask Larry or Rikard to fill you in on that.

It may be helpful to have some of this info in downloadable form...however, that call will be up to Ziroc.

Cheers,

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-30-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Saz! Am still looking forward to posting my request for a nice 'ole sig for moi... for the time being, I can't get myself to asking..

Anyways, hope Ziroc still gets to consider this suggestion. It's actually more about summing up these things and getting away with having to be online to look things up (especially the smilies and the UBB codes). Gets dizzying sometimes
Old 10-30-2001, 07:39 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

I can't use the graphics library - it completely ****s up my browser.
A version for dl would be useful.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-30-2001, 10:25 PM   #5
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahem... BUMP...

[This message has been edited by mans (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:32 PM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

did you ask at Saz's Sig Shoppe? he did some great ones or email him with your request

ok I was kinda hoped when I updated my sig section that the rest would update too... is Ziroc working on that or it's a PITA to do?

------------------

Realm of Warlock's Art
Fun, Humor, Silliness, Betrayals, and Biting (biting? how did it get there?) Link above
I bow to Ziroc the grand master! I shall never mock Choc again!