Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 09:35 PM   #1
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I went to the archanist tower first and picked up the mirror, then headed out and picked up both the winds, then tried to use the mirror - NO GO!

Gives me a: "you are not in a suitable location to use this device" - message.

Which begs the question: What IS a suitable location to use the mirror? I've tried the spot where I picked it up; the "camp"; shadow planar area (in the A. tower); temple; etc. - and I've gotten no where fast (with the boots of speed of course).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

You should be able to use it anywhere actually. It is a unique item, meaning that when you use it you need to click the cursor somewhere. Try an open walkable space (floor of a room, corridor tile etc.).
Old 09-06-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I have - and its not working. (urggg piece of #@$#@$ coding....)

Sounds like I've a LOT of backtraking to do - I was hoping for a different response. (it better not be like it was for IWD2 - 95% through with the game and a critical error that couldn't be backtracked.)
Old 09-06-2003, 06:20 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

I seem to recall I had to use that mirror on myself instead of the ground for it to work. I should be there again later today, Ill check it out.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In order to get the door to appear, I activated it from the quick item slot and iirc the mouse pointer turns into an arrow with a circle/plus sign and you click on the location where you want the door to appear. There has to be enough room for the door to appear for the mirror to work, but other than that I believe the mirror will work in any room.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM   #6
ScottG
Drow Warrior

MON GRACI!!!!!

and all this time I was trying to use it on my character....