Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2003, 06:36 AM   #11
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Granamere:
I agree with you it seems like it would be very simple but it really would be far from it. You would have to update the master cd at the factory. Now your tech support staff has a new thing to worry about. What version of cd protection is on this cd? Is it different than the last. What problems will it cause? If a customer that had the first version of the cd installed and his cd breaks and he gets a new version of the game will it work? Can you begin to see the problem with all of this. As consumers we just want it to work never be broken.

One other note. Bioware has planned a NWN gold version which will be out this fall. I am sure it will have all of the latest patches on it.

Granamere
I was buying your argument till the last paragraph but that seemed to hint at undermining your previous point. However if what you say is true then the easy solution is to insert into the box a CD containing all the patches. simple cheap and geee there is room in the box i'm sure [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:

Bioware tends to add new content like monsters and such to the game via patches, they have a "live" team dedicated to adding to and improving the game this way. Its very unusal that a gaming company would put resources like a dedicated team for a product that is anymore than a few months old. So I've gotta give kudos to BioWare for the updateseven if they are mammoth downloads all at once.
Well if this is correct then it goes some way to righting the wrong. And so far the game does seem worth the trouble

[ 08-27-2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #12
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

You must also remember Bioware does not control what is in the box Atari does. If they started adding cd with patchs for free in the box everyone would start saying why did they not send one to me.

Also the gold box makes perfect sense. Sorry three versions to support is no big deal. 20+ is a very big deal. In case you are wondering what the three versions are.

1. The original NWN
2. The collector's edition (Yes it did release with a newer patch version)
3. The gold box (when it comes out and if it has a different patch version)

There is also the German, Spanish and whatever version they have to support which I do not know about.

Also think about if they were updating the master cd all the time how much time it would take to test and make sure it worked just like it was supposed to. I would rather have them working on new stuff for us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, Wellard, buy SoU, then you can come into Z's dungeon. Plus, it really is a better game than the original version.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:50 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Hey, Wellard, buy SoU, then you can come into Z's dungeon. Plus, it really is a better game than the original version.
Thanks Attalus, I belive so regarding SoU. And I look foreword to popping into Z dungeon one day, though I guess my server speed may be limiting. At the moment I'm trying to master the game interface. I have as much control of my character as I would a two month old pup on a leash [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote