Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey, I thought I would share this little file I found on the NWVault.

Along with other topics it explains the quick chat system as well as custom text macros-Both of which can make role-playing in the heat of battle or while hanging in the tavern alittle more immersive and easier. Enjoy!

Oh yeah- You need Acrobat reader to veiw it.
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/d...80720258.shtml
Old 08-19-2003, 02:54 AM   #2
StigTC

Quite a good read, I recommend it to anyone who joins us in the undermountain.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:13 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Thanks Chewbacca!! I now have a copy of it. Maybe we should make it required reading of all Team Ironworks members. It will sure make for a much better in game reaction between PC"s and maybe Ziroc would be more into the DM thing if we were to try most of the Ideas in the quide.
This overview is what I have been looking for, it's the way we should be rollplaying the undermountain and will help in the future if we can get most everyone to read it.
It reminds me of how my friends and I use to rollplay the forgotten realms PnP mods back in the 80's.

[ 08-22-2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 08-23-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I have hit "download" and the PC said it was doing it, but I can't find the file. What did I do wrong?
Old 08-23-2003, 11:00 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

IE probably tried to open the file inside IE instead of actualy saving it, right click on your internet explorer, have a look through your temporary files, and your looking for Gruush1054180720258RPGuideLetter.pdf .

Or someone could have moved the download folder, in that case run windows search for that filename.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:50 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You may need to download it a few times, I had a few problems with that link. You can try opening the file in a new window and then saving it as a .pdf, that worked for me.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 05:11 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Attalus,

Right-click on the download link and select save-as. It should prompt you to save it in the folder of your choice.

If you left-click on the download link it will open it as an acrobat file in your browser which prompted my firewall to ask permission for acrobat to access the internet.

Good Luck!

[ 08-23-2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 09-03-2003, 06:28 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've just had a read through this guide and it's really good - most of it's common sense, but the people that put it together really tried to do their best in creating an immersive roleplaying experience. I like their conversation gambits - there's nothing more annoying than being really in the mood, coming across someone, greeting them, and hearing them reply (using the SHOUT channel) "I'm just waiting for the dragon here to respawn, he's got some phat gear."

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote