Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Okay all you Taffers, how many of you lurk on IW forums? How many of you still get the shivers when you think of the Bonehoard, the Haunted Cathedral, and especially when you think back that you HAD to Return to the Haunted Cathedral? Did you play both 1 and 2 and are you looking forward to #3?

Dumbest Thing I Ever Did in Thief: I was in Constantine's Mansion. Was scrolling through my list of items and for some reason stopped and accidently released a mine, but I was looking somewhere else and didn't noticed I had done so. Looked up and saw some stairs I never explored before. So being the veteran thief I was I moved forward only to blow myself up to bits. Can anybody say reload?
Old 05-21-2002, 08:52 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

What?!? No Thief fans here anywhere???
Old 05-21-2002, 08:56 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Eh, I loved the game The zombies just creeped me out too much for me to play it far, though. It should've stuck with just human opponents in my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2002, 09:30 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

That sounds like creepy game.I wish I could have tryed it. Oh and yes I DO lurk. [img]graemlins/lurking.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Okay all you Taffers, how many of you lurk on IW forums? How many of you still get the shivers when you think of the Bonehoard, the Haunted Cathedral, and especially when you think back that you HAD to Return to the Haunted Cathedral? Did you play both 1 and 2 and are you looking forward to #3?
Okay i LOVE this games the best games ever been made and System Shock 1 and 2 and i have played them for years then DeusX.
A cant almos wait for Thief III to arrive so we have something nice to look forward to LOL!!

Taffers!
Old 05-22-2002, 11:35 PM   #6
lroyo

Thief 1 and 2 have the best atmosphere of any game I have played. So dark and creepy, and I've nearly soiled myself on several occasions!

Rest in peace Looking Glass Software!

Old 05-23-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:

Dumbest Thing I Ever Did in Thief: I was in Constantine's Mansion. Was scrolling through my list of items and for some reason stopped and accidently released a mine, but I was looking somewhere else and didn't noticed I had done so. Looked up and saw some stairs I never explored before. So being the veteran thief I was I moved forward only to blow myself up to bits. Can anybody say reload?
Thief 1 and 2 are in my 'top 5' favorite games I have ever played!

My most 'freaked out' moment was in Thief 1: when I went to the Haunted Cathedral (I think it was that mission), and opened a floor grate, and saw and heard one of the skullfaced dudes.. and the another in thief 1 where you gotta go through the bad end of town, and meet for the first time a Ghost mage (That weird talking sound is freaky) and then that other area (I think on Expert mode) you gotta jump over or on to that brick wall and go over to this house which is patroled by 2 of those skullfaced guys--It was pitch black in there, but I HAD to go loot the place to find more gold.

In all, the Thief Series was (and IS) awesome. I can't wait till Thief III comes out this year. I HOPE to god it's not ruined since Looking Glass isn't doing it. (ION is) but they hired a lot of Looking Glasses people..

Come to think of it, I think I loved everything Looking Glass (and Blue Sky) did. System Shock 1 and 2. Thief 1 and 2. Ultima Underworld series, and that Mage game. I really miss LG.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-23-2002, 08:49 AM   #8
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

So do I. Thief 2 was one of my all time fav games. The gothic atmosphere really done it for me. And avoiding enemies rather than killing them was also, surprisingly, fun!

Blackjacking was fun too!
Old 05-23-2002, 02:22 PM   #9
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Wow...i thought i was the only person who loved the game! It's hands down the damn scariest game i ever played. I mean it was like virtual reality. It's the only game i have played where i honestly felt like i was inside of it.

A must buy for anyone who likes first-person/adventures. And if I can recall, I believe I saw it (the first) in the bargain bin at Electronics Boutique for $9.99 !!
Old 05-23-2002, 02:55 PM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I still think that the theif from Final Fantasy 1 was da' bizbomb [img]tongue.gif[/img]