Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2003, 05:52 AM   #1
BelGarionNZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi.

I have a level 8 Elf Ranger using Taralash (hehe, dunno how but I transferred it from another character when I started this one and I can use it despite the level 19 requirement. If I take it off I can't reequip it..)

Anyway, I want to know what kind of damage I should be doing with this bow at this level?

I have the reccomended stats for this class and I've added 1 point to constitution. I have all the best stuff available up to chapter 2. I'm only doing 1-10 damage with the occasional critical hit like 20 damage (I have the critical hit feat).

Is there any way to increase my damage? It's very slow going trying to level even with this great bow

EDIT: Also, can someone please tell me what the best stuff is to use on my ranger. Bow, armor, cloak, ammy etc...

[ 06-30-2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: BelGarionNZ ]
Old 07-01-2003, 02:54 AM   #2
BelGarionNZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TTT

Anyone? Plz? ?
Old 07-01-2003, 03:28 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry, if I knew, I'd help ya. I mostly play wizards and rogues, and even then, I only use crossbows. Sorry.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:23 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Use light or medium armor, and dual wield, a scimitar and a rapier, right and left respectively. As for bows, any, and if your item lvl restrictions are on, that is probably why you only get 2 points of dmg. Get a different bow, and a bag of holding, or, turn off the item lvl restrictions. I have a ranger that plays in a server vault, and he uses Taralsh very effectively, and has since lvl 7 or so, when he got it, and that was for the haste. There are all kinds of good bows available in the game, and if you want to go fast, get some boots of speed. Side note, be sure to take a weapon focus on the off hand weapon, to help offset penalties. Hope that helps you, and remember, rangers get the dual wield feat free, as long as they stay in light or medium armor.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Taralash does a basic 1D8 points of damage per hit. You can add up to 4 points to that by having a high strength. By using enchanted arrows, you can do an additional 1D6 points of damage.

I think those are all the factors influencing damage (but not chance to hit), which should get you an avarage of 4.5 points of damage at the least, with a maximum critical hit of 13.5 hitpoints. At best, you deal out an average of 12 points of damage, with criticals of up to 36 points.
For best results, you'd need a strength of 18+.

And just for fun, with a 5% chance of scoring a critical hit, the true mean damage will be between 4.95 (with just the bow) and 13.2 (with bow, magical arrows and a strength bonus of 4 or more).
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote