Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
Arundel Chichester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After spending most of the game looking forward to the teleport spells, now that I have them, I can't figure out how to use them. Both teleport and Call of Home fizzle everytime I cast them. I tried casting create portal in the treasure room of Skull Castle, then once I got back to town, I tried to teleport back-Fizzle. So I run back to Skull Castle, finally manage to open the chest I had trouble with, then I try Call of Home-Fizzle.

Sigh.....Wish my game came with a manual.
Arundel Chichester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 02:45 PM   #2
MagiK

How did you aquire it without a manual? Just curious but this seems to have been a real problem for this game.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.
Old 09-05-2001, 02:53 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There are some places where Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home aren't going to work. Generally best to place these outside a dungeon, rather than inside. They will work in some dungeons but I couldn't tell you reliably which ones.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 02:57 PM   #4
Arundel Chichester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As I understand it, the game only shipped with manuals for a short time. Once it was clear that W&W wasn't going to make anyone any money, they only made the manual available in on-line format (with no bookmarks/search tools-one huge chunk of text), presumably to save money.
Old 09-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #5
MagiK

Thanks Arundel that certainly is a bummer. It's sad that a quality game can't make any money these days. Of course I read the press and previews of the game and they all dis'd the game because it wasnt just like BG2 or Diablo. Stupid stupid kids running the game mags now only like RTS

------------------
Old 09-05-2001, 04:44 PM   #6
Sharheim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MagiK, Have you bought all your games in the store?...
I sure havent, i spend money only on games i know is good..
The rest i get elsewhere.

[This message has been edited by Sharheim (edited 09-05-2001).]
Sharheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 04:56 PM   #7
Arundel Chichester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sharheim, it's people like you who are causing this downturn in the RPG market. Maybe if a few more of you actually PAID for the game, we'd have full patch support and maybe even sequels.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:57 PM   #8
MagiK

Actually I do buy all my games Shar. I don't believe in stealing other peoples work. If I can't get a demo before I buy, I wait till it is reviewed by someone I know and trust. I have tons of games going all the way back to my old Apple II+ I bought for $3000 in 1980. That is where I started...my first two games were Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord and Ultima (the first one had no number). It's a character issue, either you have character and are decent and honorable or you arent. Yeah I have wasted my share of money on bad games, but I don't really mind those mistakes too much since Ive wasted more money than that on concerts and movies that weren't worth the price.

You say you only buy games you know are good, the rest you get elsewhere....if they aren't good...why get them??

------------------

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-06-2001, 10:44 AM   #9
shirldur
Welcomed New User

"call of home" only works outside, "teleport" works outside, and only in special areas of certain dungeons that you have to find on a trial and error basis -
shirldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 09:26 PM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

Teleport will work inside or out. But you can only teleport to a dungeon portal from within that same dungeon; and to a wilderness one from that same wildeness area. A good rule of thumb is that you can always teleport to a portal that is placed at a spot on the map that you can see from where you are currently standing while viewing the map (with the exception of those few places where teleport is set up to fail - I won't say where). Call of Home only works outside.

Jon
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote