Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 02:11 PM   #1
dime314159

I have talked to kid telling me of trouble in Umar hills, and have met with tolgerias asking me to find vagyar. I went to his house in the docks area, but when I entered the house, there was no servant, only a group of Amnish soldiers saying "for crimes against humanity, i sentence you to death" I can't remember if I killed the servant or stole from the house, but they are trying to kill me. I snuck past the Amnish guards and got the tax document, but I can't seem to get to the hills. The icon appears on my map, but it is grey and inaccessible. I have spent about 20 hours since visiting Vagyar's house the first time, and would have to restart the game from scratch to regnerate Vagyar's servant in his house. Help please!
Old 09-21-2002, 02:19 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Did you go via the City Gates. If you want to enter an area outside Athkathla you have to go to the City Gates first.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Have you tried goin through the city gates? Thats almost always the reason this happens. Other than that try the latest patch ( www.bioware.com ) and the baldrudash fixpack ( www.members.rogers.com/mrkevvy )

Welcome to IW BTW
Old 09-21-2002, 02:23 PM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
Did you go via the City Gates. If you want to enter an area outside Athkathla you have to go to the City Gates first.
You only have to go through the gates the first time you acess any new area. And since he has een there already, I would sya this is a different problem.

Do you have all the patches installed. Maybe this could be a bug????
Old 09-21-2002, 02:55 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Have you tried goin through the city gates? Thats almost always the reason this happens. Other than that try the latest patch ( www.bioware.com ) and the baldrudash fixpack ( www.members.rogers.com/mrkevvy )

Welcome to IW BTW
Exact location for official patch: http://www.bioware.com/games/shadows...upport/patches
Exact location for Fixpack: http://members.rogers.com/mrkevvy/fixes.html
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:04 PM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
quote:
You only have to go through the gates the first time you acess any new area. And since he has een there already, I would sya this is a different problem.

[/QUOTE]Agree with the first time but I can't find anywhere where he says he has been in the city gates before. Would you mind telling me where since I read his post like 3 or 4 times and still can't find it.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
[QBAgree with the first time but I can't find anywhere where he says he has been in the city gates before. Would you mind telling me where since I read his post like 3 or 4 times and still can't find it.[/QB]
I guess hes getting confused by Valygars house in the city and valygars cabin in Umar. Understandable mistake.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:51 PM   #8
Ilythiiri
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
quote:

Do you have all the patches installed. Maybe this could be a bug????
[/QUOTE]i have encountered the same problem, the umar hills is greyed out... to solve this .. u just have to go out to some other locations like trademeet, then from trademeet to umar hills... once u are outside u can go anywhere...
Old 09-22-2002, 01:17 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by aaah:
I have talked to kid telling me of trouble in Umar hills, and have met with tolgerias asking me to find vagyar. I went to his house in the docks area, but when I entered the house, there was no servant, only a group of Amnish soldiers saying "for crimes against humanity, i sentence you to death" I can't remember if I killed the servant or stole from the house, but they are trying to kill me. I snuck past the Amnish guards and got the tax document, but I can't seem to get to the hills. The icon appears on my map, but it is grey and inaccessible. I have spent about 20 hours since visiting Vagyar's house the first time, and would have to restart the game from scratch to regnerate Vagyar's servant in his house. Help please!
Go to the city gates, go THROUGH the big gates, at the opposite end of the district to where you came in. You should now be able to go anywhere outside of Athkatla that is on your map [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote