Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 05:26 PM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL we have our very own Speedo Man here in Amsterdam,
a guy who cruises the town wearing nothing but his rucksack, a thong and his inline skates (sometimes he's on mountainbike though)
We have more than our fair share of weirdos in the capital...
The look on Hugh's face was priceless when we were walking down the main shopping street and a drag queen passed us...
One of the ickiest was the guy I saw when I was standing in that same street with my boyfriend, eating some fries and he suddenly tells me: 'Sarah quick look the other way' trying to turn me away from the sight..but of course I had to look (insatiable curiosity ) and saw a guy dressed in tight-fitting leather pants.........with a nice round hole cut out to expose his bare butt!!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 07-02-2001, 03:33 PM   #22
Conan

Melusine, That's well...hmmmm
Othepequod , I was swimming at a lake about two years ago in the middle of summer. Its a very clear lake in general and has a fairly sandy bottom. I would throw a stone far away then swim to get it doing alot of swimming with my eyes open. Well, one time when I dove down I opened my eyes and I could see everything like I had goggles on! I dont know if it was air bubbles trapped in my eyes just right or what...But I could SEE! I stayed under for as long as I could looking underwater at everything. It was a new world. When I had to come up for air and went back under my fish vision was gone never to return again..????Strange but wonderful.

------------------
Conan

Old 07-02-2001, 04:42 PM   #23
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Melusine, That's well...hmmmm
Othepequod , I was swimming at a lake about two years ago in the middle of summer. Its a very clear lake in general and has a fairly sandy bottom. I would throw a stone far away then swim to get it doing alot of swimming with my eyes open. Well, one time when I dove down I opened my eyes and I could see everything like I had goggles on! I dont know if it was air bubbles trapped in my eyes just right or what...But I could SEE! I stayed under for as long as I could looking underwater at everything. It was a new world. When I had to come up for air and went back under my fish vision was gone never to return again..????Strange but wonderful.

Hmmm....you don’t by chance have gills, do you? The underwater world is extraordinary. Although I have never been fortunate enough to have “fish vision” of my own. I have had to rely on goggles.

------------------
Old 07-02-2001, 05:09 PM   #24
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Odd an Out of Place, huh?

Well, apparently, while I was drunk, somebody posted a poetry thread in my name....

wrok hard to build a tough rep, and someone goes and kills it....

------------------

The RudeDawg, known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
"Let them come, Let them ALL come."

-"Ender says, 'The enemy is down.' "
Old 07-02-2001, 05:15 PM   #25
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

Well, apparently, while I was drunk, somebody posted a poetry thread in my name....

Cough....Sputter....Cough......If you say so DenialDawg.

------------------
Old 07-02-2001, 05:50 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I admit it! It was me! I did it! I posted those poems of RudeDawg's...but he said I could... yah, ok, so he was into his cups (tequila, I believe) by then....hmmm I forget how many but he was muttering about poetry, pizza and tasmanian devil boxers...I lost him after the boxers... they're cute, but hardly worth a poem besides he offered to lose em if I handed over my pizza

LOL...ok, sorry OTP, not gonna steam this thread, I like my pizza too much!

Odd things? Well, one day in my old apartment I looked out to see my neighbor with all his collection of cacti out in his back yard, vacuuming them! LOL

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-03-2001, 07:38 AM   #27
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

Face it mr big bad ranger, you have turned into a tree hugging hippie It had to happen eventually what, with all that nature and all

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 10:59 AM   #28
onthepequod
Quintesson

Several months ago a friend and I were at browsing at Barnes and Noble, on our lunch hour. We were standing at a display of various Barnes and Noble branded, hardcover classics. I was looking at a copy of Dickens’ Great Expectations when I noticed my friend had picked up and was examining one of Kafka’s works.

Knowing very little about Kafka, I asked my friend if he were familiar with the author. He told me he knew nothing about Kafka but was curious.

Just then I noticed a woman, standing on the other side of the display, looking at us expectantly as if she wanted to say something. So, I asked her if she were familiar with Kafka. To this, she answered “why yes” and proceeded to launch into an in depth explanation of her appreciation for Kafka’s bleakness. She quickly eclipsed my understanding of the author but what little I did know seemed to jibe with what she was saying initially. So we listened to her view. As we listened it started to become apparent that things were amiss. Her view of Kafka quickly became her own conspiracy theory on the world’s leaders.

I was quickly trying to find a way to extricate us from this conversation, when, out of the blue, she asked if we had seen the Phantom of the Opera. We told her “no” but that we would like to see it, wondering where she was going with this. She then let us know that if we would like to meet the real Phantom of the Opera she could arrange it. In fact, she informed us, he was sleeping right outside, on the street.

By this time tact was out the door and I informed her while talking to her was interesting we had to get back to the office. She said she needed to get back to her office as well (she looked like she had just been working in a garden). And before we could go anywhere she left the store. We stayed put and continued to browse for another 15 minutes.

It still feels surreal.

------------------