Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 09:48 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

I'm having a spot of bother in multiplayer.
I started a game with 6 characters, all ones I'd generated, all under my control. (I have played many games with NPCs, wanted to try something different)
I didn't have a druid.
I wanted to finish the Trademeet quest and get the Xp, so wanted Cernd in my party for a short period of time, so removed one of my own characters after exporting.
I now want to put that character back.
How do I do it? I have been trying to import the character using the Character Arbitration screen. When I click on the blank character slot, I get a choice of Create or Cancel. I pick Create, which takes me into the character generation screen. I import the character file which I previously exported, blah blah blah, click 'Accept' and the game crashes. Every time.
My cache is set at 300
My import setting is Stats, Exp and Items.
I have not patched my game, but this is not on the list of fixes.
Can anyone help, please! Please please please. This is driving me mad, I want my character back, I don't want an NPC instead!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-29-2001, 09:51 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Sometimes patches fix unlisted things, maybe the character you are trying to imports character file is corrupted?

------------------
Go for the eyes Boo RAARRRGGGHHH!!

I grow tired of shouting battlecries when facing this villain, Boo shall finish his eyeballs once and for all so that he does not rise again!

EVIL, MEET MY SWORD!
SWORD, MEET EVIL!

To battle with no regrets!

Looks like I'm going to have to go on a killing spree.

I don't mean to startle you or anything, but some of the blood spurting about is actually mine.
Old 05-29-2001, 10:20 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Thanks Neb (eeewww, I'm thanking someone who names himself after a child murderer??)
I'll try a different character file to see if that works, if not I'll try the patch!
Cheers!