Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 06:31 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Z,

For some reasons Item level restrictions is back on again. Is this intentional ?

Thanks

T-D-C
Old 06-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

no i dont think so..

it hurts when you cant use some items since they are require more than lvl 40.. but its nice to be a low character once inawhile.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Yes! There have been some super Uber Characters' running around attacking and killing players with super strong magic's.
So I believe that after all the complaints made here on this forum Ziroc has turned the Item level restrictions back on.
Check your PC for any Item that gives more than 60% protection from anything and remove those items and you should be able to get in with most of your stuff.
I got stopped because of a ring I forgot I even had. It gave me 100% protection from fire and Ice. I found the ring on another server while Undermountain was offline for upgrades a few weeks ago then this morning I tried to get on and it gave me the can't join due to Item restrictions. Not in those words but you know what I'm saying. So I went to my Character creation Mod and checked all my equipment. That's when I found the ring and reduced it's protections to 25% just to be on the safe side.

To tell you the truth, I wish There were no restrictions! But it seems to be the only way to keep the Uber's out. Read the posts that pertain to ubers in the mountain in the past week and you'll understand why Ziroc turned them back on.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

So are you saying that as long as I can log in ...my character is considered legal?
Old 06-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #5
Ehrys
Manshoon

"Excellent Smithers..." - voice of Mr Burns.

Larry: LOL!! Good point.

All: well, uber or not, I just don't see the point in making a character who isn't going to be challenged by Undermountain. Isn't the whole premise of D&D about risk-taking and potential death? Someone else posted something about running through the whole place using normal items only... that's a neat idea. Have we tried that yet? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I found the problem. It was a ring I picked up in another mod gave me 100% protection from fire, cold.

I will take it off and try that.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2004, 11:56 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Ehrys:
"Excellent Smithers..." - voice of Mr Burns.

Larry: LOL!! Good point.

All: well, uber or not, I just don't see the point in making a character who isn't going to be challenged by Undermountain. Isn't the whole premise of D&D about risk-taking and potential death? Someone else posted something about running through the whole place using normal items only... that's a neat idea. Have we tried that yet? [img]smile.gif[/img]
yes we all have done this in the past 12 months. 6 months ago we didn't even ever see any ubers! Now that the tool kit has advanced so far every other fifth PC is Uber and that is why we don't like them. They never came around when they couldn't beat Undermountain but now that they can make PC's with an "S" on it's chest they just can't stay away from a server they couldn't beat before.

There are about 10 of us, what many of you call Old Timers, that made it from level 1 down to 10 without a short cut and with characters under level 15.
That was within the last year and just since Ziroc opened up the server 24/7. we haven't needed anything any stronger than level 15 until Hordes of the Underdark was released. Now with level 40 plus PC's and with the editor to make an even tougher Undermountain those of you that want to go threw with a level 5 or 7 to start all I can say is HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA! HAAAAAA! yeah right your just a little late.
Ziroc is in Uber mode and when he gets done with the redo and the Gauntlet levels you better hope you have a well made fighter/thief/mage or your all going to end up as DEAD Dragon fodder!
Old 06-18-2004, 12:02 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The Gauntlet won't be as deadly as...say, level 10-14. Since I am dropping it around level 3-5 it's gotta be lower--but as I said, it'll be deadly to ALL levels of PC's in one way..... Muhahah.. You'll see.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:20 AM   #9
Ehrys
Manshoon

Cool... long as it makes sense... we really should try going through Undermountain from level 1 starting at a char lvl = 10. Should be interesting.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:38 AM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

So Z you didn't mention was the Item Level restriction intentional ? or was it a slip of the mouse whilst upgrading Undermountain ?