Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 11:26 AM   #1
RostamTheGrey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, So I've found maybe 3 items for ninja's and assasin's that are cool. Found some boots +2 for ninjas, a hat +1 for ninjas, and some pants +2 for assassins. (Please forgive me for not using the technical terms > ) So where is everything? Does it spawn randomly? Does the game look at what characters you have to determine what it spawns? (I just recently changed all my characters to ninjas and assassins) Anyone know? Also, does adjusting the Difficulty increase experience and item quality? Does it make monsters harder or change the types of monsters that spawn?
RostamTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 12:17 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Treasure is random.
If you have a ratlin in your party the chances of better treasure on a consistant basis is improved because of their gold digger trait. I have never noticed the treasure being generated with any consideration of the makeup of my own party. To me it has always been completely random.

You can save your game before opening a chest, open it and if you are unhappy with the treasure, reload and try again.

Anyone else have any comments, insights on this??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 12:27 PM   #3
show
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've had the kinda the same problems, I'm raoming around skull castle of lately, i've found a few ninja gear, nothing too great though. The gear for the ninja and assasin are somewhat not as strong because they are not armor, so i guess the protection rating isn't as good. Some items i had my preist turn paladian bless a few items or armor for these guys. I blessed it w/ regeneration, what ever that is for..lol So far i haven't found anything good myself, seems to be some good stuff when you beat the centaurs around the see area around the old tree, or around the little lucky charms guys
I believe if you move up the difficulty it only effects the experince points?? not sure. I've been told before, that it doesn't really effectg the spawning to much. not sure
Yeah though, the armor for those guys though around tough to come buy, unless you purchase from the shops or guilds. I got decent stuff i guess in the skull castle.
Let me know if you find anything good and where.
show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 06:16 PM   #4
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Yes, increasing the difficulty level does increase your experience via a higher number of experience points earned per critter killed. In an oblique way, that affects both the type of monsters you encounter as well as the treasures received, in that a generally higher level of experience at each setting may result in a more interesting creature or a better treasure. For instance, I only saw taipans when I had a relatively low-level group reaching the Serpent Temple (by low level, I mean barely having flamedrop, if that). On the other hand, I only encountered the red dragons once, the nemuziti naga once, and the azmodian rocs once or twice, with much more experienced parties. Also, on one of my later games, I found the Lance of the Lady in Cet's lair. And Wizard Blades a few times over on the Isle of Sands.

I don't think that the quality of treasure improved for me any with ratlings, not that I noticed, anyhow. And I definitely did not notice a trend with finding treasures appropriate to my party members. Amazing how much Oomphaz war armor I picked up and various plate mail when none of my party members could wear them.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 09:05 PM   #5
RostamTheGrey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

REALLY!!! What is up with the Oomphaz specialty items! None of the other races (from my experience) have any special items! I do realize that Oomphaz are abnormally large and have barrel torsos, but... What about the tails of Ratkins, Whiskhas, and Lizords? And the fact that their legs bend the opposite way!
RostamTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 04:44 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Ignore the "special items". Use enchantements and blessings heavily. This gives you much better items than that you can find in the game. As far as the really special items are concerned, thay are always in their locations no matter the traits or composition of your party.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote